Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discussions concerning affiliate programs, affiliate marketing tips and techniques, and ways to increase earnings through referral programs. This forum is NOT for promoting your own affiliate program or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-12-2015, 01:40 AM

$5 for just signup as affiliate ?

I read it on a Facebook post ,hide-my-ip is giving $5 just for signup as affiliate and 55% commission per sale.

so any V7N member tried this yet .I cannot signup because it is not in my niche.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 10:03 AM

Yes but they will have a minimum pay-out meaning you need to make sales first.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

They use this tactic to get people to singup to the affiliate program. It's a good way to build up affiliates.

Example, I joined one program that gave me $10 just for signing up but $50 was the payout number. This program is a membership site so the more referals I get each month the more payouts I may get each month year after year.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 PM

55% commission for a $5 product wouldn't even be considered worth promoting for many affiliate marketers. it just doesn't even make sense.

think about the effort, time and cost (if you use paid traffic) to promote it. the return of investment would be so low you get frustrated at the end of the day.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetinvestor View Post
55% commission for a $5 product wouldn't even be considered worth promoting for many affiliate marketers. it just doesn't even make sense.

think about the effort, time and cost (if you use paid traffic) to promote it. the return of investment would be so low you get frustrated at the end of the day.
True, but some affiliate marketers promote low priced services/products to build a list of buyers and weed out time-wasters. For this purpose, this is actually a decent offer.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Some of these infos are well important so that newbies don't waist too much time trying to find money on the net.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmadon View Post
Some of these infos are well important so that newbies don't waist too much time trying to find money on the net.
What are you talking about?

These affiliate programs that give you a certain amount to signup are just luring affiliates in by giving them free money.

The problem is that money is not yours, you can register and try to request a payout but you ain't getting 1 penny of that signup fee. These affiliate programs have a mim. payout threshold so if you to reach this miminum money earned in commissions, then you are eligible to get a check or money transferred to your paypal.

I've joined a lot and thought of these programs and thought "Cool" I'll just join them all and cashout then go buy a value meal at Burger King tomorrow night. No such luck for me as one program had $50 as the lucky number to reach to even be able to request a payout. $5 signup to there affiliate program and 35% commission per sale which only meant one thing, I needed to get a lot of commissions because the price for membership wasn't high so this website owner won the game.

They now have a lot of affiliates promoting there links all over the internet which means increased traffic for them and of course sales.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-01-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:30 AM

But they have $25 payout requirements that means you have to make at least two sales to get your 1st payment.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Did anyone try and get paid with this type?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnydarkdragon View Post
Did anyone try and get paid with this type?
I have many times...... I just had to go over the payment threshold to get my commissions.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I have many times...... I just had to go over the payment threshold to get my commissions.
I see. I will check and apply to see if I can get paid with this. What methods do you recommend to get more users? Basic tips will be good. Thanks

Old 05-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Never any any money to be an affiliate of anyone's affiliate program. For what? Nah, son. That's like joining an MLM program and not doing the work. You're wasting your money!

Old 05-14-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnydarkdragon View Post
I see. I will check and apply to see if I can get paid with this. What methods do you recommend to get more users? Basic tips will be good. Thanks
I never promote programs I'm an affiliate for on other websites. I just do it on my blogs and focus on getting targeted traffic to my blogs. I know this method works for me as I have experimented for years but what I do won't work for other people. There is a method to my madness and I couldn't even put this down on paper.

FYI, If you a computer expert, then you join affiliate programs that have computer products, software..etc This way you actually know about that product yourself or know what sites to go to in which you can learn a lot more information for when you write a review/blog post promoting/recommending that product.

I've been in IT for 16 years and even though I never started a IT type of blog, I know I could do that and make it a success very fast because I have 16 years of real experience doing stuff, repairing all kinds of hardware and also I'm a boss now so I could blog about leadership skills in the IT world. What I would do to earn revenue would be to create a membership for access to premium video's with step by step instructions how to do certain things video taping myself doing it and I would have suggestion box for the next video. Also have adsense up but the video's is where I would make the money because I can break things down into very small details for noobies. I do this when I train our new tech's.

You gotta love the product that you want to promote online and even try it yourself so when you promote it/write a real review you have first hand knowledge about that product, how it actually works and can give the pro's and con's of it. Believe it or not, some people like hearing the con's about a product in which could make there decision to just by it anyways.

When I had a wordpress tips/tricks blog, I wrote reviews about products that I purchased myself and used for a few weeks to write an epic truthful blog post about the product. I earned money that way but not all products I blogged about made me much money but I made sure I at least used it before recommending it.

Last edited by snakeair; 05-14-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 AM

You could simply do a review of the product on your blog or something, add the affiliate links and just leave it there. Slowly over time you might get some commissions.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

I've not tried it yet, but the best way to know whether they claim is right is to visit google and input the hidemyip affiliate earning reviews, you'll verify from people who have used it.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:16 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffiliateWaves View Post
I read it on a Facebook post ,hide-my-ip is giving $5 just for signup as affiliate and 55% commission per sale.

so any V7N member tried this yet .I cannot signup because it is not in my niche.
its true sometimes affiliates offer some more than this . problem is to mitigate their demands .

Old 07-10-2016, 12:57 AM

I'm not sure about that

Old 07-10-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannienchan View Post
I'm not sure about that
How so?

Please explain why

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Affiliate Marketing Forum