Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-31-2018, 09:06 AM

Question Has anyone here worked with Genesis Framework?

Hi everybody. I'm a blogger with a Wordpress site and I'm thinking of switching to the Genesis Framework theme. Do any of you have experience with this and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Contributing Member

I am using Genesis, too. It help us create incredible website and optimize search engine, and increase the speed of when audiences access your site.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichards View Post
Hi everybody. I'm a blogger with a Wordpress site and I'm thinking of switching to the Genesis Framework theme. Do any of you have experience with this and would you recommend it?

Thanks!
I have used Genesis over the years, on a few sites.

It was picked for the clean code and specifically for it's seo friendliness. And I highly recommend it on that basis.

On the negative side.....to be honest, I don't care much for many of the Genesis themes (too square and boxy looking for my tastes). Although there are a couple of nice ones....notably one called Modern Studio Pro.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:01 PM

That depends on your needs, Genesis themes are great, with quality code that's clean. However, for customization, it's frustrating as you'll need to browse hundreds of articles to find what works for your exact child theme if you have, or the parent Genesis framework itself.

So, here is what I recommend, If you want to start a simple blog that loads fast because of the fewer theme options and optimized code, then, choose Genesis, and browse some tutorials if you want to add a new function or option. However, if that's for eCommerce, then, it's not the best option, as you'll need to add Woocommerce support and other functions that look complicated for beginners especially. If you can hire someone to do that for you on a freelance website, then, don't worry, there are thousands of Genesis theme customization services.

Another important thing, since you already have a theme and a site, you'll need to find a way to move all the old theme widgets to the new one and also the functions etc... So, before doing anything, search for online tutorials on how to add this or that widget, feature, or code in Genesis, if you find solutions, that's great for you. If not, then, that may cause issues with layout and others.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:12 AM

I am currently using Genesis frame work on my blog I use authority pro theme. Looks good and neat. Though setting up the child theme is little bit confusing but with the help of their support team i launched my first blog.
Not only Authority Pro they many child themes as well. You have to read all best one's choose the best genesis themes as you wish with discount codes on the given blog.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread