Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Maybe I wont, maybe I would.

IMO, We can say anything that we might or might not do on a given event, but it depends on the scenario..Unless you're actually there , you can never say how you would react. If everyone gets an adrenaline pump up rush in a positive way, how come there are a lots of us that witnessed different traumatic events(events like witnessing a bank being robbed, a robbery when where commuting riding a public vehicle, when you see someone running so swiftly which had an obvious look that he/she snatched an item from someone)

Yes, Adrenaline would kick in..but adrenaline doesn't always boost you're positive mental state to react. There are times that you're adrenaline couldn't help you to react, instead you're adrenaline rush would only boost you're"state of shock","state of panic", "state of scare" making you helpless to be a hero react. It's very natural for any human being to experience such state, since we have sense of danger that allows our body to "shutdown" or even run for your life because we have the "survival subconscious".

"Not everyone have gutts to face a gun, knife and getting mugged and outnumbered by other people."

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Contributing Member

Lets change the situation. What if you are the thief, would you stop a thief also?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Banned

It's really depending on the situation. If the thief alone and no gun or other weapon, I would try to stop him, otherwise I will call a police.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky47 View Post
Lets change the situation. What if you are the thief, would you stop a thief also?
Huh? dude what are you trying to say to us? "what if we were a thief, would we stop ourselves? " or "what if we were a thief, would we stop a fellow thief?"

i'm not sure which of the two you mean..(mah bad for slow idea pick-up)

not sure if it make sense, i mean why would you stop you're fellow "thief mate" noting that you do the same? and why would you stop yourself if you already did the crime?unless you're on drugs and finally got back to normal after the thievery took place. dont you think?

Last edited by gggorosin22; 10-14-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggorosin22 View Post
Huh? dude what are you trying to say to us? "what if we were a thief, would we stop ourselves? " or "what if we were a thief, would we stop a fellow thief?"

i'm not sure which of the two you mean..(mah bad for slow idea pick-up)

not sure if it make sense, i mean why would you stop you're fellow "thief mate" noting that you do the same? and why would you stop yourself if you already did the crime?unless you're on drugs and finally got back to normal after the thievery took place. dont you think?
Either of the two. Thanks for elaborating mate.

I'm just trying to catch opinions like changing thief's life for good. What I mean is, going for good from being a thief.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
v7n Mentor

I would definitely try to catch the thief. (In fact, I've done that in similar situations.)

And what's weird is that I felt like people were looking at me thinking, "what is she doing, getting involved?"

Of course I live in the kind of neighborhood where if I see a guy walking down the street with a power tool or a weed eater, I call the police .... or an unpotted plant held by the stalk..... or two bicycles......

(It's one of those older neighborhood undergoing "gentrification". LOL)

I also watch and if I see a child who doesn't look like they are with a parent, I yell, "who's with this toddler??"

<shrug>

But if someone tried to flirt with my husband.... all bets are off. LOL

Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
SEO Fanatic

I believe one of the biggest problems of human race is the group effect. We've seen people do terrible things in group, rejecting the responsability on other individuals of that group.
We have also seen individuals do nothing, waiting for somebody else to do something. A friend of mine got mugged and beaten up in one of the most crowed public place of the city I grew up in. It is surrounded by cafe and terrace. No one moves a finger.
A server came to help him get up once the three guys left with my friends' wallet, bag phone etc...

Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

ill be honest and say probably not because i would be shocked and wouldnt know what to do. At the most i'd call the police. Despite what everyone says about stopping criminals the statistics show that not many people actually would do what they say

Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 PM

Worked a case once. Assistant manager chased a shoplifter. He caught him. And got shot.
To protect a life is one thing...to protect property is just not worth the risk.
After all it is only "stuff"

Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

well if he tried to steal something that belonged to me I would beat him down

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby