Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

View Poll Results: Who will be the president of the United States?
Barack Obama 27 65.85%
Mitt Romney 11 26.83%
Other 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
This thread is not the place to campaign for your candidate or party affiliations. This thread is simply asking for you to predict WHO will be president and WHY you think that.
We seem to have a habit of drifting away don't we over here

To answer your question, I would imagine Obama will win as he already has a portion of people that will vote for him no matter what. A portion being because of race, a portion being because of claiming benefit status etc and that is a large portion of people.

Sorry if my comments come acrosss as racist (stating that people will vote for him because of race) but people are proud to stand up and claim to vote for Obama because he is "one of us". If that sort of thing would happen with the white guy there would be serious hell to pay.... This sort of thing may have happened in the past and we seem to be taking steps backwards instead of forwards.

Just my 2 cents

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

finally, Romney details his tax plan .... Get the details.
LOL!

Now THAT'S funny!
I kinda suspected you had a sense of humour.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Sorry if my comments come acrosss as racist (stating that people will vote for him because of race) but people are proud to stand up and claim to vote for Obama because he is "one of us". If that sort of thing would happen with the white guy there would be serious hell to pay.... This sort of thing may have happened in the past and we seem to be taking steps backwards instead of forwards.

Just my 2 cents
If it makes you feel any better, Dude, I have personally heard several interviews, surveys, etc. where black folks openly admitted to voting for Obama, simply because he's black.
This is a statement of fact.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
If it makes you feel any better, Dude, I have personally heard several interviews, surveys, etc. where black folks openly admitted to voting for Obama, simply because he's black.
This is a statement of fact.
And I can accept that the first time around. Since it is something I have longed to see for some time now I wish I could have voted for him.

Henceforth I hope all candidates can be judged by their positions.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

ScriptMan is correct, the first election 2008 for African Americans was for Pride and this time around substance should be their main concern - and I believe is with pride being less the concern.

Romney is an excellent candidate and his potential victory has not been divisive in terms of racial content which only reinforces the perceived opportunity for all citizens at every level to be elected to public office the 2008 election represented.

Romney has moved so close to the center he could almost be mistaken as a Liberal ...

a predicted close race with Ohio siding with the Democrats.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
And I can accept that the first time around. Since it is something I have longed to see for some time now I wish I could have voted for him.
You're a bigger man than I am, ScriptMan.
I can only describe that voting logic as idiotic.
What comes next?
Voting for someone because they are a woman? Because you agree with their sense of fashion? Because you like their car?

Like you said...
Hopefully, now that the thrill is over, people can get down to the business of electing someone for their leadership skills or something equally substantive.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Romney has a proven track record of helping companies succeed with their accounts (and no, I don't mean by cooking the books). Obama has a proven track record of taking the country into deficits that makes bankers look like the good guys.

If one was to vote on track records alone, I would sway towards Romney. Heck, i'm British though the way the US is going with it's foreigners policies, I may get a chance to vote also

Old 10-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

@Breeze: It isn't just pride though I guess there is some of that. It was a barrier that needed to be broken. And even though I am not a fan the guy is personable.

@Zap It might seem that way to a reasoned thinker. I was old enough to know which end was up when John Kennedy broke the Catholic barrier. And yes I distinctly recall those who did and did not vote for him because of his religion.

@G10: A record is a hard thing to run away from.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

I dont know what's more entertaining...

Reading this thread or watching Obama/Romney bump chests!

No, but seriously. Just look around. Look at the bumper stickers (lack of), look at social media, look at the traditional media...

Obama has lost his luster. His 'change' was not what people were looking for.

The track record speaks for itself - (please Breezy don't insert a chart or past somthing about GDP

Without bias...the Big O is in big trouble.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post

To answer your question, I would imagine Obama will win as he already has a portion of people that will vote for him no matter what. A portion being because of race, a portion being because of claiming benefit status etc and that is a large portion of people.

Just my 2 cents
No doubt in my mind that some people will vote for him because of race.

No doubt in my mind that some people WON'T vote for him because of race.

Swings and roundabouts.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post

Without bias...the Big O is in big trouble.

Style not Substance has become the Issue.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Ok...Romney......because he supports the principles that made the US strong....

Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Ok...Romney......because he supports the principles that made the US strong....
Jim could you please define "the principles that made the US strong"

Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Not pandering to our detractors.....

Capitalism.....If you can make money and figure a legal way to keep more of it..... "Americanism in business"...

Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Not pandering to our detractors.....

Capitalism.....If you can make money and figure a legal way to keep more of it..... "Americanism in business"...
Romney isn't a real capitalist businessman, but rather a speculator working with/for Wall Street.

Speculators represent a tiny part in the capitalism system.

I watched Peter Schiff talking about that the other day, it was pretty interesting.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
Romney isn't a real capitalist businessman, but rather a speculator working with/for Wall Street.

Speculators represent a tiny part in the capitalism system.

I watched Peter Schiff talking about that the other day, it was pretty interesting.
Who the heck is Peter Schiff and why should I care what he thinks? Opinions are like ............ well you know what.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Who the heck is Peter Schiff.
Schiff was an economic adviser to Ron Paul's 2008 presidential campaign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff

ScriptMan do you prefere a Democrat economist?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I think Romney will win. I think it because the humongous money is behind him, and humongous money does, and gets what it wants.

I'll be continuing my tradition of voting Libertarian, along with praying a whole lot of us wake up and smell the crap pile.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfiddler View Post
Unfortunately, I think Romney will win. I think it because the humongous money is behind him, and humongous money does, and gets what it wants.
ftr... Romney's been being massively outspent, so by your theory Obama would be crushing Romney.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

What each candidate has spent

is an entirely different matter from who prefers who to win. I didn't mention spending. Nor did I intend in any way to imply it. Though implication often passes right under my radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
ftr... Romney's been being massively outspent, so by your theory Obama would be crushing Romney.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread