Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss computer issues, tech gadgets and hardware, operating systems, browsers, broadband and wireless, virus, trojan, and spyware help.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-05-2014, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWizard View Post
You should run a check using other utilities while in safe mode, I think you would be surprised what is being missed

Just for the record, Avast vs. Kaspersky isn't a comparison. Avast is no where near as effective as Kaspersky. Not in my experience as a computer tech.
the only reason i stopped using kaspersky is when i used kaspersky it make my pc little slow (Though it was a trial version)
but i am ready to try it again, how can i use this safe mode ?? can you please help !!!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootways View Post
the only reason i stopped using kaspersky is when i used kaspersky it make my pc little slow (Though it was a trial version)
but i am ready to try it again, how can i use this safe mode ?? can you please help !!!
In order to boot a computer into Safe Mode it must first be off. If you are currently in Windows click the start button and select shutdown. If another box appears in the middle of your screen with Restart, Logoff, and Shut down select Shut Down and wait for your computer to shut off.
When your computer has completely shutdown and is off click the power button. Once you click the power button immediately start pressing the “F8″ key which is usually positioned above the “9″ and “0″ keys. Pressing the “F8″ key multiple times will not hurt your computer. It is necessary for the computer to detect that you have pressed the F8 key before the Windows Splash screen appears.
If you miss the time it needs to be pushed don’t worry, even seasoned professionals miss. Simply wait for Windows to finish starting and then shut it down like before and repeat the process. When the F8 key is pressed during the boot up process before the Windows Splash screen appears a special “Advanced Boot Menu” will appear instead of Windows. This is a text menu as displayed below and you use the keyboard’s up and down arrow keys in order to highlight the selection you want to choose.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
In order to boot a computer into Safe Mode it must first be off. If you are currently in Windows click the start button and select shutdown. If another box appears in the middle of your screen with Restart, Logoff, and Shut down select Shut Down and wait for your computer to shut off.
When your computer has completely shutdown and is off click the power button. Once you click the power button immediately start pressing the “F8″ key which is usually positioned above the “9″ and “0″ keys. Pressing the “F8″ key multiple times will not hurt your computer. It is necessary for the computer to detect that you have pressed the F8 key before the Windows Splash screen appears.
If you miss the time it needs to be pushed don’t worry, even seasoned professionals miss. Simply wait for Windows to finish starting and then shut it down like before and repeat the process. When the F8 key is pressed during the boot up process before the Windows Splash screen appears a special “Advanced Boot Menu” will appear instead of Windows. This is a text menu as displayed below and you use the keyboard’s up and down arrow keys in order to highlight the selection you want to choose.
Thanks sir, i will definitely try this
do i need to buy kaspersky ?? and if yes, then which version should i buy?? (this is for my home pc) (single User) i am using win7, [Removed])

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 05-06-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: If you want to buy a service, then please use our marketplace or send the member a PM.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootways View Post
Thanks sir, i will definitely try this
do i need to buy kaspersky ?? and if yes, then which version should i buy?? (this is for my home pc) (single User) i am using win7, [Removed])
I recommend Kaspersky for those wanting Retail protection. As far as the Suite versus the Antivirus, to be honest other than slowing down your computer it really isn't going to help a lot more. In my opinion the Firewall that comes with Windows is sufficient. The suites tend to not do much more than slow the computer down even more.

What I would recommend you do is to look around, but be very careful when you do, for managed antivirus protection. There are companies out there that offer antivirus protection etc, they even backup their protection with some type of guarantee like they will remotely clean your computer at a discounted or even free rate if you are using their protection. So look around and see what you find before making a final decision

Old 05-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Contributing Member

For premium version, bit defender is the best and for free you can go for avast or Microsoft Security Essentials.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I recommend Kaspersky for those wanting Retail protection. As far as the Suite versus the Antivirus, to be honest other than slowing down your computer it really isn't going to help a lot more. In my opinion the Firewall that comes with Windows is sufficient. The suites tend to not do much more than slow the computer down even more.

What I would recommend you do is to look around, but be very careful when you do, for managed antivirus protection. There are companies out there that offer antivirus protection etc, they even backup their protection with some type of guarantee like they will remotely clean your computer at a discounted or even free rate if you are using their protection. So look around and see what you find before making a final decision
Making a final Decision is always hard (Thanks for the advice )

but ya i will keep in mind these things (i will be careful), and i am thinking to use trial version first, then will see what happened ??

Old 05-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Contributing Member

Eset is an excellent antivirus software. I am using this from last month. it will never slow your pc

Old 05-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

After reading all this thread, I have decided to follow in the spirit of things, bite the bullet and say...

Avast free version is the best, and yes it is free and no, I have no reasons why it is the best, it just is!!

Closely followed by Mcafee (for obvious reasons)

Old 05-13-2014, 07:41 AM

I will be simply just employing Avira Antivirus Good quality in fact it is doing work good.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:32 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trot12345 View Post
I will be simply just employing Avira Antivirus Good quality in fact it is doing work good.
Do you check behind it to make sure it is or just taking it for granted that it is?

Old 05-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

I really can't remember if I posted in here, but I'm still going to go ahead and say Windows Defender in Windows 8.1.

It's free, simple to use and has really good realtime protection that doesn't make my system lag (especially during gaming where things need to be downloaded).

Old 05-14-2014, 03:45 AM

Now i'm employing AVG net security. It is actually valuable.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trot12345 View Post
Now i'm employing AVG net security. It is actually valuable.
How and Why is AVG valuable?

Old 05-14-2014, 10:55 AM

I am also tried Kaspersky for past 9 months, but it is not working properly, then i go with k7 antivirus. it working properly

Old 05-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

I don't really know which is the best but I can say that Microsoft essentials antivirus is doing just fine! no problems since it came out! it free...

Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 AM

you've to use Avira internet security, i'm using it since 2010. but, you must buy a license key

Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 AM

I've had Kaspersky for as long as I can remember and haven't run into any issues. AVG is the plague. My laptop came with AVG pre-installed and it basically behaved like spamware.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

I have use Avast free version. I feel better to use this. Every time it message me when it found any virus. Thanks Avast.. And i am also use cCleaner..

Old 06-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyGriffin View Post
I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), because it is light and simple to use. Last, but not least, it's free.

PS: There is no such thing as BEST antivirus program.
Oh, big mistake. There is a big difference in Anti-Virus capabilities. In our end of the world (the Nordic countries) F-Secure is by far the safest if you run an enterprise. Yes Anti-Virus has a local geographic strength because of languages used here and also becuase a virus outbreak is (as it is in the real world) starting locally

Old 06-07-2014, 09:16 PM

Nod32 is always good for me its helping me since 2006

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Tech Talk

Closed Thread