Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 11-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Administrator

How-to Guide to Persuasive Writing

If your blog or site has something to sell or a specific action you would like the reader to take and are having troubles accomplishing those goals perhaps this article on persuasive writing will help:
Quote:
Persuasive writing skills are among the few things in life that can give you massive returns. If you want to know how you can become better at writing persuasively, keep reading.

I have analyzed examples of masterful copy, and identified the 3 core elements they all have in common. They are:

•What you say
•How you say it
•How you structure it

We’ll go through these one-by-one and define what you can do to ace them all, and get your reader to take the desired action...
How-to Guide to Persuasive Writing

After reading the article, do you have any specific areas noted that you need help with?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 12:57 AM
Contributing Member

I agree with lucas1596. Some writers have great difficulty on writing formally and writing casually. But for me, writing casually is the way to go. I have to keep my language simple, as if I'm writing to a fourth grader. It also helps me if I watch review videos online; their language helps me keep my writing persuasive and personal.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:03 AM

Creating persuasive content can sometimes get really hard. But I prepare a mood chart of sorts and scribble all the ideas, my audience and the end goal on a paper.

This really helps me create a better outline and in turn, content that nudges the reader. The best thing for me is that I always add a touch of emotion and leave the reading with a little nudge or hint on what to do next. This really helps!

Old 01-16-2018, 02:39 PM

My main tip here is to focus on readability. If you can read it out loud to a child without stumbling, you are good to go, but it is harder to get there than it sounds.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Persuasive writing skills are among the few things in life that can give you massive returns.
Untrue in my experience.

Ask yourself these questions.
  1. When you want to buy something, do you search several sites for the item you want to buy?
  2. If you are not seeking to buy something, are you easily persuaded to change your mind?

If you answered yes to the first question and no to the second, then you are in the majority.

If I want something, I search for it.

If I don't want to buy something, but I am just browsing, it is extremely rare for anything that someone has written on their website to change my mind.

On the odd occasion I look at a site and think, 'that would be nice', I revert to question one. I then search for the specific item and may buy it from the original site, but often find the same thing cheaper elsewhere.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 PM

All consumers are different.

Some people are more persuadable than others.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web