Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support > V7N Affiliate Support

V7N Affiliate Support Support forum for the V7N Affiliate Program.

Share |
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

eCPM of v7n affiliate program?

Hi,

I'm wondering what the eCPM of the affiliate program is (roughly). This way, one can figure out how much the program actually pays out after technical issues and *ahem*scrubbing.

Scrubbing is described here:
Quote:
But the most interesting thing is not one of these comments, but what WASN’T said. I didn’t see anyone from the ad networks or any ad serving engineers post comments. The truth about scrubbing is something that large affiliates keep to themselves. Same is true for ad networks that employ a form of “boost” to favor low performing ads on the network– great for the advertiser, but a penalty paid for by publishers who make less money. We could spend hours on the tricks that are employed by ad networks, in a sort of Mason’s handshake for the uninitiated. Do most ad networks scrub? Yes. Is this a legitimate practice? Yes. But do most ad and affiliate networks also scrub in unethical ways? Yes.

A lot of affiliates were asking about a more in-depth post on scrubbing. Rather than go into all the ways– which is something I couldn’t do, because there are so many that I don’t know, too– it’s better to just say that you should look at your earnings. So what if they take 30% out? Perhaps they are paying you 50% more per lead so it backs out better than the other offer. Sure, you could ask that the advertiser place your pixel on the page– close to their pixel (since position on page matters). And you could get your AM to swear that you aren’t getting scrubbed– yeah, the check is in the mail.

So the answer? Just look at eCPM. ...
http://www.cpashare.com/2008/09/20/t...at-wasnt-said/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Support Forums > V7N Forum Support > V7N Affiliate Support