Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 AM

Yes, my dear of course you can do or you can submit same article to many sites URL.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM

It's stupid to publish content from your website in another websites. It's one of the most important factor for SEO - unique content. And the other thing, when you are publishing one article to many article directories, for example you publish it to 10 sites, it doesn't mean that your website popularity will increase 10 times, but opposite, your links value will decrease 10 times, because of the copy content.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

My experience says pinned articles can do good results provided we should take some areas. Like max 30% of the content can be the same as the original, the title of the articles need to be smartly manipulate, and also the signature and links placement then it will generate much more results. Yes its time consuming task, but atleast no tension for any google algo change, as the quality is not compromise.

I have one question.
Assume you have one quality content of 400 words in how many sites you publish the content and what type of sites ( like ezne, goarticle, knol ? )

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelS View Post
It is not only that, if you submit your article to a more authoritative article directory (higher PR, older domain that yours, etc.), google may take it as published on this website first and copied to yours. So, now you have copied content. Besides, if you submit an article to a directory, which links to the same article on your website, of what value is it to the reader? Of none.
I don't think that thing about copied content is valid. Yes, there is domain age, but there is also page age (most people don't realize this!). As long as you post the article on your site (or wherever you want it the most) FIRST, this won't apply. There are ways for individual people to find out the age of a webpage, I'm sure Google has a masterful of identifying this. There's even ways to find out when the page was last updated as well as when it was first created.

EDIT: but, even so, I don't at all recommend posting a unique article that you yourself created on a ton of other sites if it's already on yours. I'm greedy about my content; the expendable stuff you can go ahead and guest post or submit to directories (don't spam the article all over the internet), but when I feel that I've come up with a truly bangin' idea, and created an article worthy of kings, I keep it for myself.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelS View Post
It is not only that, if you submit your article to a more authoritative article directory (higher PR, older domain that yours, etc.), google may take it as published on this website first and copied to yours. So, now you have copied content. Besides, if you submit an article to a directory, which links to the same article on your website, of what value is it to the reader? Of none.

For all these time, what I thought was wrong. I think by publishing my articles on various article directories that include links to my blog will provide many opportunities to make my blog known. But when I think back, you are right.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 PM

It is not a question of allowed or not allowed . It depends on the directory . If the directory is a low quality site then they accept all articles submitted irrespective of authenticity or quality .
The question is , how much would it benefit you by doing this ?
If done properly article marketing works wonders , don't worry about the Panda update .
Submit good content to top 10 article directories , linking back to your deeplink and one link to your homepage assuming they allow 2 links . Then do mass directory submissions the ones you were asking about , on these 10 links . Don't build too many links to your homepage alone it will raise a red flag with google . Build some authority links and build the low quality links to these links . So you still get the link juice minus the penalty threat . The thumb rule of the internet still remains the same - the more links you have over the internet , the more chances that someone will find it and click on it to land on your site (This is irrespective of the search engines)

Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlunatic View Post
It is not a question of allowed or not allowed . It depends on the directory . If the directory is a low quality site then they accept all articles submitted irrespective of authenticity or quality .
The question is , how much would it benefit you by doing this ?
If done properly article marketing works wonders , don't worry about the Panda update .
Submit good content to top 10 article directories , linking back to your deeplink and one link to your homepage assuming they allow 2 links . Then do mass directory submissions the ones you were asking about , on these 10 links . Don't build too many links to your homepage alone it will raise a red flag with google . Build some authority links and build the low quality links to these links . So you still get the link juice minus the penalty threat . The thumb rule of the internet still remains the same - the more links you have over the internet , the more chances that someone will find it and click on it to land on your site (This is irrespective of the search engines)
So you're saying to create good content for the few awesome directories, and then just resubmit and / or create crap for the rest of them?

Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM

I wouldnt call that crap actually but yes you got the right idea . Crap can be defined as spun content . But make sure you spin it in a spintax format " I {Love|like} {chocolates|cakes} " and not allow some BOT to do your spinning based on synonyms that makes it awful ! Imagine one of my posts titled "Organic Traffic" was spun into "Farming vehicles" !!
Make good content for the good sites , remember this is the main part and resubmitting to low PR sites is optional . What I am trying to say is , the power of article marketing lies in content getting republished and not following a mechanical procedure to submit to these sites every weekend . If you submit 10 really great posts to 10 big directories and people republish and link back then you will get hundreds of natural one way links . Which is not possible even if you submit 100 average posts to 100 different directories .
Try it , it works , give great content and you will be surprised from where so many links are coming .
Citing my personal experience , I had made a post on 'how to make a link bait that goes viral' , that was circulated across the blogosphere and even ranks above SEOmoz and SEJ . If you are creating content , make it viral , be it for your own blog or for article directories . The snowball effect is what we must aim not the 'number of articles published all over the internet with our link in it' . That is called crap , yes you can build such links to your good articles in good directories . Because getting 1000 links from directories to your homepage sounds red flag for Google . So by building the links to the 10 good articles that point to your homepage , you are still getting the link juice minus the penalty threat . And no one will sit and waste time producing fresh content for low PR directories so the next best thing is spin and submit to those . That is the more sophisticated definition of CRAP articles .

Old 03-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlunatic View Post
I wouldnt call that crap actually but yes you got the right idea . Crap can be defined as spun content . But make sure you spin it in a spintax format " I {Love|like} {chocolates|cakes} " and not allow some BOT to do your spinning based on synonyms that makes it awful ! Imagine one of my posts titled "Organic Traffic" was spun into "Farming vehicles" !!
Make good content for the good sites , remember this is the main part and resubmitting to low PR sites is optional . What I am trying to say is , the power of article marketing lies in content getting republished and not following a mechanical procedure to submit to these sites every weekend . If you submit 10 really great posts to 10 big directories and people republish and link back then you will get hundreds of natural one way links . Which is not possible even if you submit 100 average posts to 100 different directories .
Try it , it works , give great content and you will be surprised from where so many links are coming .
Citing my personal experience , I had made a post on 'how to make a link bait that goes viral' , that was circulated across the blogosphere and even ranks above SEOmoz and SEJ . If you are creating content , make it viral , be it for your own blog or for article directories . The snowball effect is what we must aim not the 'number of articles published all over the internet with our link in it' . That is called crap , yes you can build such links to your good articles in good directories . Because getting 1000 links from directories to your homepage sounds red flag for Google . So by building the links to the 10 good articles that point to your homepage , you are still getting the link juice minus the penalty threat . And no one will sit and waste time producing fresh content for low PR directories so the next best thing is spin and submit to those . That is the more sophisticated definition of CRAP articles .
Haha, now that's what I want to see

You weren't very detailed, I was coaxing you to go into more depth it worked!

That's very helpful. Most people try to convince themselves that it's okay to spin articles and submit 10 versions of 10 articles to 100 sites, and that will rocket them to the top of search results. Your perspective is much more rational and sounds like it could be very effective if done right. I like the viral part... viral is always good.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think you face problem if you copy it but its possible that they don't approve your articles and in this case you did nothing. Its better that you write article yourself and submit them to quality directories which can help your ranking and also is totally safe.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Merifield View Post
It's stupid to publish content from your website in another websites. It's one of the most important factor for SEO - unique content. And the other thing, when you are publishing one article to many article directories, for example you publish it to 10 sites, it doesn't mean that your website popularity will increase 10 times, but opposite, your links value will decrease 10 times, because of the copy content.
True, that is why some article/blog submission sites requires that the article you need to submit has never been published before..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web