Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrecom View Post
E-Zine Articles is great, but it may in be Google's firing line.

Content farms have already been punished heavily. Difficult to say though whether Google considers this site friend or foe?!
That's a fact, and here's Mr Knight's post on the topic, btw

http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2011/0...m-changes.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member

I like ezine the best - they have excellent PR and I get the best results from articles I submit there. If you have already submitted an article of the same topic to ezine, next try creating a squidoo lens or a tumblr page.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
That's a fact, and here's Mr Knight's post on the topic, btw

http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2011/0...m-changes.html
Thanks for this. I think it's really unfair. E-Zine Articles is a really good quality site and shouldn't be likened to the hundreds of spammy article directories.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:36 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Thanks for this. I think it's really unfair. E-Zine Articles is a really good quality site and shouldn't be likened to the hundreds of spammy article directories.
You might want to check out:

http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...-update-3.html

Kinda funny that MIT and I are discussing that very thing you just mentioned in that thread.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 AM

I thought Articlebase had no follows? am i right in thinking that. I did writ a piece or two for them but stopped because of this. Im now writing for Ezine, squidoo and hubpages. Does that sound like a good mixture or should I add some others in? Also is it a good idea to submit a couple of articles to many directories or loads to one or two?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaela View Post
I thought Articlebase had no follows? am i right in thinking that. I did writ a piece or two for them but stopped because of this. Im now writing for Ezine, squidoo and hubpages. Does that sound like a good mixture or should I add some others in? Also is it a good idea to submit a couple of articles to many directories or loads to one or two?
Right now, with the latest updates in algorithm at google, I'd watch the duplicate stuff, especially anything linking back to your own domain. If nothing else, they hit something, it has a link back to you, it's another place for them to hit. Right now, article marketing is very much up in the air. We're all still waiting for the dust to settle. For now, you might be better served moving to something else on your list a while...at least until the dust settled

Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Hub Pages!! Hands down! Ezine has tanked!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:00 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahberra View Post
Hub Pages!! Hands down! Ezine has tanked!
Again, I'd say this is a bit premature, as the dust is still settling. In my own personal opinion, before I'd assume that anything has tanked yet, I'd give about a month to see what shakes out because Google is STILL tweaking this change. Not to mention, ALL places like EzineArticles and the others are proactively working on changes as well. Don't follow the hype and assumptions, wait and see what appears after the dust settles.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 AM

cool. Google toolbar also says Ezinearticles is 6/10 pr! i'll check-it out. thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 05:16 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste. View Post
cool. Google toolbar also says Ezinearticles is 6/10 pr! i'll check-it out. thanks
PR hasn't updated in quite some time, so the toolbar results might not be the actuals. Check the SEO forums here for PR stuff, and you'll probably find something telling you the exact last time it updated. I'm pretty sure it hasn't updated since the algo tweaks yet.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM

i generally use ezinearticles, articlesbase, and goarticles.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping that Google won't lump all article directories with other content farms, and show some discretion.

The variation in quality is so huge, I think it would a little unfair if popular sites like e-zine articles are punished. Their standards are pretty high and the content is good.
"Hoping" is the operative word here. The fact is that it is in the best interest of search engines to produce quality results. Otherwise, searchers will choose alternate sources of information.

That being said, thinking that you can submit to "popular" e-zine sites and avoid the Google slap is unrealistic. Blekko came out publicly a few weeks ago on devaluing link farms - how is an e-zine site valued?

Quality content that is of value is easy to recognize and distinguish. People who submit the same article to multiple sites are the ones who will bring down the e-zine sites' value. That's out of your - and my - control.

My advice? Consider carefully what you're looking to achieve long-term, rather than pursue a perceived short-term boost from "article" sites.

Regards,
Melanie

Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAaron View Post
"Hoping" is the operative word here. The fact is that it is in the best interest of search engines to produce quality results. Otherwise, searchers will choose alternate sources of information.

That being said, thinking that you can submit to "popular" e-zine sites and avoid the Google slap is unrealistic. Blekko came out publicly a few weeks ago on devaluing link farms - how is an e-zine site valued?

Quality content that is of value is easy to recognize and distinguish. People who submit the same article to multiple sites are the ones who will bring down the e-zine sites' value. That's out of your - and my - control.

My advice? Consider carefully what you're looking to achieve long-term, rather than pursue a perceived short-term boost from "article" sites.

Regards,
Melanie
I wholeheartedly agree on this one. The fact is simple. Many that used article submission sites did so as a quick mean, many times submitting utter garbage, or simple copy and paste, and that's what drove the value down of such sites. Worse, owners of said sites allowed such behavior, ultimately self perpetuating the recent slaps they received.

I think, moving forward, everyone using such places will need to take stock and evaluate their intentions. From there, hard questions asked of self to determine if the extra work required from this point forward is in their interests to continue submission to them. The day of quick backlinks for garbage days are now gone. Either we provide quality in the content we submit or no longer receive benefit from submissions. The writing is on the wall. Who is going to read it and adapt remains the question.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned

ezine and buzzle article is a nice place to promote your article

Old 03-14-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov View Post
Ezinearticles is the best article directory to gain backlinks. Of course, there are many other directories but I would prefer EzineArticles due to its vast reader base.
Yes for me its ezinearticles is the best to submit with..

Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

the problem with EZA is that they do accept some pretty low quality articles on there, I've stumbled onto tonnes of articles that are just atrocious.

And I think Google took action because of the high number of article directories who were gaming google adsense with poor quality content.

Still though I think EZA is a pretty good source to place articles in order to get organic traffic.

I'd like EZA to publish some metrics on which articles have been slapped and which are as strong as ever. I'm willing to bet a lot of the lo quality articles have been slapped down.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Sure, no probs. Here it is;

Hope you find it helpful!
Thanks for the list, exactly what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
Either we provide quality in the content we submit or no longer receive benefit from submissions. The writing is on the wall. Who is going to read it and adapt remains the question.
Interesting and good point. I guess, ultimately it all comes back around to quality, which I think is a good thing.

Might it still be considered worthwhile just to toss a couple small articles to these sites in an effort to get a couple backlinks and a little traffic? My understanding is that google is slapping the content farms but not those sites that have the link to.

Last edited by snakeair; 04-13-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

Ezine artilce directory is best directory for articles and get index links very quickly. Thanks for sharing info.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 PM

I live in a university town with about 28,000 college students. I had an idea to create a website that would be similar to an online newspaper.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web