Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-28-2013, 10:48 AM

going to add a blog, a few questions first

Hi, I have a website, and i also have wordpress installed, but i havent used it at all yet. The site itself is somewhat of a niche site, only about 300-500 visitors a day at the moment, I have various different content sections, and one of the newest ones is featuring some youtube video channels from people that I know, or have been in contact with, I also have a youtube channel. The design is pretty nice displaying the videos on my own website, and I have a blank space next to the channel i want to install a blog for each user. That would be different usernames and passwords for each one, currently including myself it would be 5 people, but will be more eventually. Now for some questions.

I can have multiple users and blogs with wordpress right?

The blogs would be embedded into the page most likely through a iframe, just to clarify that each blog will be displayed with each persons page, not changing some theme to make it look like the rest of the site. That would be possible right?

Also each blog I would like to have the ability to have visitors viewing the blog to comment, however they wouldn't be logged into the site or blog, thats do-able too right?

Sorry if the questions seem somewhat basic, I have been working on websites for years as a hobby, but I never dealt with wordpress or blogs before, and decided to do this because some of the people who are featured are quite socially active, and others think it would be nice to view what they have to say from thier page, rather than searching the forums.

thanks guys, and happy thanksgiving

--Brian

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 11:00 AM

In first overview idea seems feasible but this particular scenario requires few more tests before going to any conclusion.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum