Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 11-30-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdost View Post
Hello,

I have thought many times about starting my own blog but my poor English writing capability stops me every time. I have participated in many forums where sloppy English does not really matters. Obviously, i am a non native English speaker but i want to learn it.

I have few questions before starting my own blog. I am writing them in numbers for the sake of my comfort.

1) Can I mix different type of niche in a single blog eg: ( wordpress tips, seo, make money, fitness, loose weight etc. I am specifically asking in terms of SEO, because i read on several places about " choose the right niche" etc.

2) Should I ignore my writing capabilities and make a blog for the entire world which is not limited to my own country? Actually, I am curious that native english people may not read my posts due to bad grammar and poor sentences.

Thanks in advance.
i would advice you to be specific when starting up a new blog. people should visit your blog for a specific reason. just find what you are interested in and blog about it.

also can use grammar checker to correct mistakes on your piece of writing before posting on your blog. this will help you to make a correct sentence and highlight mistakes.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 AM

Firstly you would need to make sure you start business planning before delving into anything, unless you are doing it just as a hobby. If you plan to make money out of your blogging you would need to understand the business basics behind it. Secondly, if you are concerned about your english you can always hire writers with better english to write individual posts or even get guest bloggers once you establish a little following

Old 12-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Blog and writing skills goes parallel. And you can't afford to start a blog and say your english is really poor. Obviously, if you are targeting general worldwide visitors, your english has to be good, no second route. However, if you are not confident about it, start your blog targeting local people. That would be an better option.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Blogging Needs Strong English Because Stong English = Quality Content

Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 AM

1) Can I mix different type of niche in a single blog eg: ( wordpress tips, seo, make money, fitness, loose weight etc. I am specifically asking in terms of SEO, because i read on several places about " choose the right niche" etc.

pick a topic you really have an interest on writing.. expand slowly to other topics

2) Should I ignore my writing capabilities and make a blog for the entire world which is not limited to my own country? Actually, I am curious that native english people may not read my posts due to bad grammar and poor sentences.

if you really have a great & useful content/information -- people will want to find you
you will get better in time too

Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

do not despair, I also experienced the same thing with you. but I still get visitors

Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

#Regarding your English:
I didn't find your English too bad that people will ignore reading your blog. Moreover in cases where people are curious to know a solution they overlook grammatical and other mistakes as long as message is conveyed properly.
#Secondly, if you mix a lot of niche in one blog it will be difficult for you to manage and you might also lose your target audience. So, focus on the main niche!

In short don't hesitate to start the blog. Go for it !!

Last edited by Kamal Deep Singh; 01-26-2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Improvement

Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Banned

english is the language of money so yes, I would use english unless your trying to drive local sales

Old 01-31-2014, 01:47 PM

I would definitely not mix categories. For example, weight loss and search engine optimization would attract different audiences. Becoming an authority on a single subject will build your credibility with readers. Start with the category you know the most about.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum