Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Measuring Progress And Success On Your Blog

Anyone doing something similar or the same? Thoughts on the blog post?

Quote:
Writing good content for a blog, whether corporate, personal, or otherwise can be incredibly challenging.

Creating content and presenting it in a thoughtful and engaging manner, consistently, is a skill that can take some years to build up. And you never really get there it's a continuous practice that you can always improve on.

However. Measuring and tracking the success of your blog analytically isn't nearly as difficult. In fact if you are tracking the proper items surrounding your blog you will be able to gauge your success and momentum allowing you to alter your strategy if need be or push harder the direction you're going.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...-progress.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 PM

Great question. I agree that content (blog posting/writing in general) effectiveness can be hard to evaluate; however, web stats & analytics show a different story, especially how links, guest posts, and social media efforts are performing. I'm actually pretty amazed at how effective Pinterest and Twitter can be for stable traffic. Just having a solid presence brings easy, continual traffic. The hard work seems to be on the front end (gaining followers and building up content). While it takes a little time for traffic to begin, it remains steady afterward.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

My suggestions for everyone who has just started a new blog-Dont think of promoting it for first 2-3 months. In this period focus mainly on the content and the real engagmnents on it. Later on when your blog has got some credability, start telling other websites(social media, web submission, blog submission, etc) about it. How can you ask for a recommandation about your site when you don't have much content on it? It's the same situation where we start promoting a blog from the day one!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum