Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

When I was starting to blog, I post everyday for 20 days straight. Then I read one day from a popular blog saying that a blogger must write less and promote more. He argued that no matter how good and authoritative your post is if no one sees it, it is useless. From then on, I write one blog post each week and promote that article for the remaining days. Thats the cycle. The main benefit of posting once a week is that you can write a good article, minimize mistakes by proof reading it before publishing. So, I say, once a week posting frequency is a good thing.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
This:

Does not answer the question in the opening post:

All you have done is parrot other stuff you have seen around the net instead of answering the specific question asked about your own experience.
Ouch! That's gotta hurt .lol

He was right though. You'll get more readers through consistent posting rather than frequent posting.

Personally, I started off with a post a day to build content and have now relaxed into a 3 posts per week schedule. Although I work on other blogs so I'm posting a blog post somewhere 5 times a week.

You don't want all your eggs in one basket.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

When I had started I was writing almoust every day. Then I started to write in English so I couldn't manage both. Listen to this. My Croatian blog has been written perfectly because I have very good sense of mother tongue. But the very next day no one look at it. The first day is BOOM! In English I couldn't write every day because I need more time. But I was sebding post the next day and then post after tomorrow and it works.

I invited friend who liked my post, make friend on Twitter, got Pinterest button and it goes just fine.

Ppl take more seriously web page. My extension for an English was HR (like Croatia). Name.bligspot.HR. Can you imagine? After I manage domain I've got first comment after 5 min.

Seo is also important. Take care about it.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel123 View Post

Ppl take more seriously web page. My extension for an English was HR (like Croatia). Name.bligspot.HR. Can you imagine? After I manage domain I've got first comment after 5 min.

Seo is also important. Take care about it.
I'm sure Google doesn't treat the BlogSpot community with as much love as a regular blogger on their own domain. I always, suggest paying that little extra to get your own domain.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:45 AM
Contributing Member

Three posts a week and O write in two languages. Ccc! Ok, thanx!

Old 10-30-2015, 12:15 PM

If my blogs are Satellite websites. Could I post 1 post/week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracemary View Post
When I was starting to blog, I post everyday for 20 days straight. Then I read one day from a popular blog saying that a blogger must write less and promote more. He argued that no matter how good and authoritative your post is if no one sees it, it is useless. From then on, I write one blog post each week and promote that article for the remaining days. Thats the cycle. The main benefit of posting once a week is that you can write a good article, minimize mistakes by proof reading it before publishing. So, I say, once a week posting frequency is a good thing.
This is what I am thinking right now. Less post but better quality

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum