Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Share |
Old 12-01-2015, 06:35 AM

How to remove date stamp from search results

We all know that google shows post date before search description. But I want hide this from search results. I am using Cazuela wordpress theme on my blog [removed]

I have tried this http://www.wpsquare.com/remove-date-...earch-results/

But unable to find (<?php the_time('F j, Y') ?>) this code in my theme (cazuela).

Kindly help me how i will be able to remove date from search description.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimidas View Post
We all know that google shows post date before search description. But I want hide this from search results. But unable to find (<?php the_time('F j, Y') ?>) this code in my theme (cazuela).

Kindly help me how i will be able to remove date from search description.
In my WordPress blog I am using Yoast seo plugin where we can add meta description for each post. If meta description length is less than the minimum required 150, google may show the post date. So writing proper meta description may help you remove the post date from search description.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 AM

I have many posts with manual written description of about 160 words. But still showing date on serp

Old 12-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I have many posts with manual written description of about 160 words. But still showing date on serp
You can use any editor like notepad++ or netbeans which supports folder search, to find the code snippet. Better option would be to create the functions.php with the necessary code as described in point 1 of the tutorial.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
You can use any editor like notepad++ or netbeans which supports folder search, to find the code snippet. Better option would be to create the functions.php with the necessary code as described in point 1 of the tutorial.
I just did it the other day and this method is the best. Out of curiousity though, why are you wanting to remove the date?

Old 12-10-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradoskibum420 View Post
I just did it the other day and this method is the best. Out of curiousity though, why are you wanting to remove the date?
I only want to do it for better CTR. And want to remove date only from SERP, Not from Post. Still unable to achieve this

Old 12-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned

Edit your single.php file and find this line of code
PHP Code:
<?php the_time("F js,Y"?>
replace it with the below
Code:
<script type="text/javascript"> document.write('<?php the_time("F js,Y")'); </script>
Remember to always backup your file if you want to do any modification, if you cant find the code in your single.php file check the archive.php as these are files that contain your individual post.
Goodluck

Old 12-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelighter View Post
Edit your single.php file and find this line of code
<?php the_time("F js,Y") ?>
replace it with the below
<script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<?php the_time("F js,Y")');
</script>
Remember to always backup your file if you want to do any modification, if you cant find the code in your single.php file check the archive.php as these are files that contain your individual post.
Goodluck
There is nothing like this (<?php the_time("F js,Y") ?>) in single.php & archieve.php of my theme (Cazuela)

Last edited by rimidas; 12-10-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is nothing like this (<?php the_time("F js,Y") ?>) in single.php & archieve.php of my theme (Cazuela)
do you have a thing against using plugin? because plugin would do this without any problem check out some date removal plugins that will work for cazuela theme like wp date removal plugin or any other one.However i know there is no wordpress theme that does not have the "posted by" and the "published date" class. If you check very well, you will find it. Or better still you can automate your published date function in function.php to automatically generate current date for your posts irrespective of the publication date, to do this you will have to be conversant with php and a child theme will have to be created.
You're my first friend on this forum rimidas have fun.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I tried a search with the_date() and attached below is the result
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	18443  

Old 12-12-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
I tried a search with the_date() and attached below is the result
These dates are in many places like under daily, monthly etc archieves & not exactly matched with that combination. So it's very difficult for me which date should I replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelighter View Post
do you have a thing against using plugin? because plugin would do this without any problem check out some date removal plugins that will work for cazuela theme like wp date removal plugin or any other one.However i know there is no wordpress theme that does not have the "posted by" and the "published date" class. If you check very well, you will find it. Or better still you can automate your published date function in function.php to automatically generate current date for your posts irrespective of the publication date, to do this you will have to be conversant with php and a child theme will have to be created.
You're my first friend on this forum rimidas have fun.
I have tried few plugins, but those plugins remove date from post too. But I want hide date only from SERP, not from posts.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Contributing Member

I think you can do this via webmaster tool schema syntax. Else it's not possible as google determine what to show.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:42 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
These dates are in many places like under daily, monthly etc archieves & not exactly matched with that combination. So it's very difficult for me which date should I replace.
Try with template-tags.php file. The function thsp_posted_on on line 156 seems to be printing the posted date and time. Can you share the address of your website?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum