Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-27-2016, 10:56 PM

How i activate my forum account

I have created few accounts on several forum websites and I registered with them but they didn't give me confirmation or activation link in email. still, I can't add a post on them or any work. What should I do now?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2016, 02:11 AM
Administrator

You must have been banned from them.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:31 AM

tell me anyway so that I can activate my account

Old 10-28-2016, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbirahmed4545 View Post
I have created few accounts on several forum websites and I registered with them but they didn't give me confirmation or activation link in email. still, I can't add a post on them or any work. What should I do now?
From a moderator status, here are the typical reasons.

1. your IP address that you used to fill in the registration form is being used by other people. Forums as in active ones with a smart admin will ban members automatically that have multiple accounts under 1 IP address. They can not verify all members with the same IP are the same user but from a spamming point of view, people will create multiple accounts under 1 IP address to do harm on a forum in a few different ways I won't mention.

2. The forum may required each person who filled in the registration form to click on a link to verify the email address and to provide that individual is not a robot and a human. Check your spam/junk folder for any activation emails. The email might of went to that inbox by mistake.

3. You was banned after hitting the complete registration form because your profile fields you filled in made you look like a spammer or just wanted to advertise your website in all fields. The right way to fill in a registration form if have multiple fields is by looking at my profile for an example. http://www.v7n.com/forums/members/snakeair.html click on the ABOUT ME tab and look at my profile. I filled in as many fields as possible with honest answers and didn't hint at what my website was in there. Mine looks more professional.

4. If you registered on that 1 forum more then one time because the account was not activated, you was banned from creating duplicate accounts.

Look, you fill in the registration form with honest answers, use an email address in which hardly no email at all goes straight to the junk/spam folder and if you think the account is not activated because you can not reply to a thread, use the CONTACT US form the forum has to email the admin and ask if your account is activated or not. Don't sound desperate like you need this account.

Be like a professional and write a quality email mentioning that you registered but didn't not get an activation email and wanted to start a topic because you need answers to questions you have. Mention that you have noticed the forum is a quality one and helpful and that you think your question can be resolved if you was able to create a thread.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:37 AM

ok thanks for your help

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Closed Thread