Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 AM

Need hosting suggestion on a new Woocommerce website.

I bought the VULTR vps plan and the speed is terrible for me. then I done a lot of research before buying a new hosting plan...

most of the reviews online said that the Siteground WP hosting works cool...

Then I bought the WP Growth package and moved my site onto it...enabled all speed / cache functions... but the speed is not good enough~~~

So I need suggestion here:

Is that the shared hosting not good for Woocommerce?
Is there any other hosting suggestion for the the starter business ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 12:01 AM
Contributing Member

I think shared hosting is not as good as VPS or Dedicated especially when you have big Woocommerce website.

I also think you should raise your query at web hosting talk forum (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/). It is a dedicated forum for hosting related problems.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Let's look at this.

Start with the fact that WP is bloated software with a lot resource demand. Add an ecommerce template and add even more demands.

Which VULTR vps plan did you buy? You needed to be fairly high up that list to even stand a chance.

The middle Siteground plan really does not offer that many resources either.

And do keep in mind that cache enabling does not always speed up page serves in this age of SSD drives.

If you want to use the selected script (WP) you are going to need a lot more server than that to service it.

Now if you want to switch to a less demanding script than WP you may be able to get by with a budget hosting plan, otherwise a non-over-loaded plan on a speedy server is about your only choice. They tend to call these semi-dedicated now. Expect to 25-35 USD per month.

That same money can rent a really nice unmanaged VPS.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonswamp View Post
Then I bought the WP Growth package and moved my site onto it...enabled all speed / cache functions... but the speed is not good enough~~~
ScriptMan is right. WP can be bloated and depending on the theme (and yes, hosting performance )and a few other points, a site's performance can be disappointing.

I had a client once complain that her WP site "wasn't working well". It was sluggish at best. Add that to some high traffic times on the internet, and it was really slow. She had at least 19 plugins enabled doing some pointless crap.

Once the plugins were managed, and she contacted the server support personnel, things improved. Was the site lighting fast? No. Was it faster than before - yes.

I also have two sites on the same hosting platform. Both are using the same theme, and pretty much the same plugins. One is lighting fast, the other is just fast. I couldn't get a decent response from support because there wasn't anything wrong with the one that wasn't quite as fast as the other.

My point - call support after doing some maintenance on the inside of the site and various testing during various times of the day. They may be able to help.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum