Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Contributing Member

Compare Alexa and Pagerank with others?

Will a backlink only count if the website linking to me has a higher rank than me or do lower ranks linking to you just count less?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 AM

I am not getting what you exactly want to know. Can you describe in simple words plz......

Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navmecoza View Post
Will a backlink only count if the website linking to me has a higher rank than me or do lower ranks linking to you just count less?
All backlinks will count for as long as they are seen as inbound links to your website by the crawlers. Links coming from undiscovered web pages may not be counted as backlinks.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

All links are counted but what weight and credit they are given is a different story. As for Alexa, their ranking system means nothing and is pretty much worthless. They are not able to track your traffic on your server, they can only count their own toolbar users.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Banned

They're both pretty shaky. Alexa is interesting on traffic, but really easy to manipulate by just one person. Pagerank is trying to rate "importance" by counting links, not traffic. Taken together, they sort of give you an idea, but you could have a well regarded site on a subject that no one cares about that has decent pagerank and is in the top 50,000 on Alexa because it's owner visits all the pages frequently.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM

All backlinks are counted. No matter from where they come PR0 to PR9. Concentrate on getting backlinks from authority websites.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

Here is a better idea, create high quality content and link to authority sites as a reference to that high quality content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMark View Post
Concentrate on getting backlinks from authority websites.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Page rank will be given by the Google according to their prospectus. But the Alexa rank is the world rank and the less Alexa rank will be given to the sites which are updating the new contents with out any delay. Google crawl the content which is having the less Alexa rank.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

Ummm.... Alexa can only track their own toolbar users or users that add the alexa code to their site. It has no idea what 80% of the internet traffic is. As far as Google crawling those sites with a low alexa rank, I think Google would argue with you on that speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai krupa View Post
Page rank will be given by the Google according to their prospectus. But the Alexa rank is the world rank and the less Alexa rank will be given to the sites which are updating the new contents with out any delay. Google crawl the content which is having the less Alexa rank.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 PM

Its not the criteria of the users, The main thing is that the new update in the site rapidly which is unique it can help to reduce the alexa rank and it is one of the way which helps to track the site by the Alexa. This may helps to track the efficient information by the Google.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Alexa has no way to track your websites traffic no more than compete does or any other traffic stats site. Only way they can track is from their own toolbar users (the sites they pull up and the searches they do using the toolbar) or by you adding the alexa code to your site pages.

I can update my site every hour but unless Alexa has access to my server logs, they have no idea how much traffic I have. A website that has a so called 4.5 million alexa rank could very well get 2,000 unique visitors per day. All this means is very few Alexa toolbar users go by that website.

This is why Alexa rank means nothing, they can't track your visitors. This is also why Google would never in their right mind use Alexa as a factor for crawling websites. Google does not in any way need Alexa to tell if you update your website.

Quote:
Its not the criteria of the users, The main thing is that the new update in the site rapidly which is unique it can help to reduce the alexa rank and it is one of the way which helps to track the site by the Alexa. This may helps to track the efficient information by the Google.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 PM

I agree with you but it doesn't depends upon Alexa toolbar users. Because it can mainly track the forum sites and they will have the less Alexa rank also why means it is having the more unique content updates frequently by the different registered users of its site.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member

Forums
Blogs
Social Media
Static Websites
And Others

Are ranked differently on all search engines, each type of site does have some different factors that must be met for rankings purposes. Alexa has nothing at all to do with search engine rankings.

Quote:
I agree with you but it doesn't depends upon Alexa toolbar users. Because it can mainly track the forum sites and they will have the less Alexa rank also why means it is having the more unique content updates frequently by the different registered users of its site.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM

I am saying that Alexa doesn't prefer any rankings or users. What ever things you had was crawled by the Alexa not as per the PR. Which you had provided other than the Forums are may or may not having the uniqueness but the new content update was lesser than forums. I am telling you that it will not prefer the SEO PR.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum