Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense

AdSense Offers tips and discussions about Google AdSense.

Share |
Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb Is this adsense placement okay with adsense TOS?

Hello all,

Recently I have placed adsense ads on my forum, but I found that there was very less CTR for adsense in forum is getting in compare with that of my blog. So I did a lot of search and found many forums that place adsense within the forum post itself. So I thought to try it.

Yesterday I place adsense within the first post itself. But I think it's okay with adsense TOS since I haven't placed adsense under any section heading, but placed just below to forum post detail like time and date which is below to section heading. So the adsense is not under section heading. But in many forums i have seen it directly under section heading too.

I have placed adsense only in forum topic. You can see an example here :
Code:
http://www.freetechy.com/cars/used-honda-city-kerala-t63.html
Please have a look on it and tell me if it is against adsense TOS.. Thanks in advance..

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratish7 View Post
Hello all,

Recently I have placed adsense ads on my forum, but I found that there was very less CTR for adsense in forum is getting in compare with that of my blog. So I did a lot of search and found many forums that place adsense within the forum post itself. So I thought to try it.

Yesterday I place adsense within the first post itself. But I think it's okay with adsense TOS since I haven't placed adsense under any section heading, but placed just below to forum post detail like time and date which is below to section heading. So the adsense is not under section heading. But in many forums i have seen it directly under section heading too.

I have placed adsense only in forum topic. You can see an example here :
Code:
http://www.freetechy.com/cars/used-honda-city-kerala-t63.html
Please have a look on it and tell me if it is against adsense TOS.. Thanks in advance..
I am not sure if that placement is ok, could not find a good answer when searching google. Wait for someone else to confirm this, i have not had a forum in a few years so don't know about placements other then what i have read on this page. http://adsense.blogspot.com/2005/10/...-tips-for.html

Please wait for another member to give you a better answer but i hope that link i posted is useful still.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccifinejewelry View Post
I'm not also sure about that. It looks like a normal blog post with ads before the body.

looks great to me. but if its against the adsense tos, then you'll know when you got banned
some are even doingit worse than you did but didn't got banned so. let it stay for about a month. if google don't react then probably you'll earn a lots with it

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation

Thanks snakeair for your useful reply. I have read that Adsense post before, but it was still useful now.

Thanks baccifinejewelry for your reply. Even I'm thinking in such a way that if Google allows Adsense placement in a blog post why shouldn't it allows in a forum too?

Thanks turf for your feedback. I think Google will ban me only from that website since it's not my main account if it's against Adsense TOS. Am I right? But even I don't want to get banned from that forum since I found Google is the only best legal way to earn for a normal internet user like me.

There is another reason that we must be very careful with all the first forum post since forums topics can be created by anyone. But blog post can be only created by admin or must be moderated for guest posting. In forum, Some topic created by some forum user may contain contents that may mislead users like this "Visit the following link to get it for free". If adsense is below that it is against adsense TOS. So we must be careful too. That's why I have made rules that all posts made by registered users other than Admins, moderators and other special users must be accepted by a moderator before it appears to public. I think if we follow this tip, all can place Adsense within forum post just like blog post. Am I right?

I'm waiting for more responds from other webmasters. Thanks in advance..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum > AdSense