Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Contributing Member

Facebook Pages Not Free Anymore

Facebook is soon rolling out commercial version of the FB Pages, so no more free facebook pages,if you want to earn from pages you need to pay aswell.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonseo View Post
Facebook is soon rolling out commercial version of the FB Pages, so no more free facebook pages,if you want to earn from pages you need to pay aswell.
Can you share your resource with this information?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Contributing Member

I follow Tim from Flippa , and their blog, here is the snippet.

Do you run a Facebook page for your business or website? Be prepared to start paying. Facebook's paid posts are changing how businesses operate on social media, if you want to get your message out there you need to open your wallet.

I am unable to post a link to the Resource of this information , but yes MarketingLand . com has information on this. No Price structure yet ,but talking about Sponsored Stories and Sponsored Posts,

Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 AM

I do not think this is going to happen. I have searched every single resources that are available to me. Facebook making their pages paid will not be a good move and facebook will never do it. Could you please provide the source for your statement?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think this is a trustworthy news... As you can see on facebook's homepage "it's free and always will be"

Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

Its not yet implemented by Facebook as its under pipleline, News source is from the Author Tim at Flippa, it cant be just a joke or a fake rumor

Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Banned

i do not think this is true, facebook page is free and it will be free always. you can create your facebook page and promote.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 AM

I think you are confusing this with the new promoted post function (which is paid)

Old 10-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member

Very unlikely, just looking at other social media services. Linkedin doesn't charge for a company page.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 AM

If Facebook start charging for their FB pages,it wont be a good decision at all.
I think all social networking is free and will be free forever.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

Well they are not directly charging for making facebook pages but they have decreased page reaches which has effected many brand pages as you may have to pay to get more reach to your fans..! Which i think is a bad decision for people who've worked hard on building fan pages or have already paid for facebook promotion why do they have to pay two times for the same thing?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Its first time when I am reading something like this about Facebook. If it happens then definitely its quality would be improved which is pretty good.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:59 AM

This is the first time I have heard this, I don't think this is going to happen. If you have any article or news resource then share it.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

As we say Hoax. We think this topic may not even worth the discussion. You change something from free to paid, next thing you know over thousands new competitors jumps in and giving that service for free.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

Smile

Quote:
I Don't think so ...

Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 AM

not true...you must be confused between facebook pages and premium feature or facebook pages.
Facebook is trying to introduce some premium features in FB pages in order to monetize from business tycoons who are using FB to promote their brand or to monetize.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

As of right now there is 1 paid feature and it's the following below:

Facebook expands Promoted Posts test so popular people can buy exposure too

Quote:
Facebook this week started offering its most popular members, those who have more than 5,000 friends and subscribers, the chance to pay to promote their own status updates and get more visibility, VentureBeat has confirmed.

The quiet rollout marks an expansion to a pre-existing test of a sponsored stories extension called “Promoted Posts for People.” The highly followed members, however, will be paying a much larger premium to keep their updates featured in friends’ and subscribers’ News Feeds.

We are continuing to test promoted posts in the U.S.,” a Facebook spokesperson told VentureBeat. “As part of this, we are opened up the test to enable people with 5,000 or more friends and subscribers to use the product. We are also continuing to experiment with different pricing models. The price of promoted posts is based on a number of factors, including the reach and the number of people you are promoting to.”

Launched in early October, the Promoted Posts for People test allows regular folks to advertise their own status updates. For about...
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/08/fa...romoted-posts/

Thread closed.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Closed Thread