Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 07-19-2013, 12:16 AM

Backlinks from related site are important

I've done my masters in Mass Communication and fortunately, I've started working for a website as content writer and there I learn SEO also but I was very much confused about the seo backlinking techniques used by the IT professionals, always thinks that not working.

here I would like to share my tips for you which I've learn in my college of studying Public Relations subject.

consider site as a real human and backlinking as developing Public Relation with the related professionals. now you have a clear idea that backlinking should be just to the related sites not from any site.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 AM

Yeah I think google also give more importance to backlinks from your niche. Building backlinks to deeper pages look natural. Internal links are also very important.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 AM

Website has backlinks from high PR websites is considering good from SEO point of view.
To have such enough good backlinks helps to increasing the popularity of the website.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Irrelevant backlinks can marked as spam. So its really important to get backlinks from related sites.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Irrelevant backlinks can marked as spam. So its really important to get backlinks from related sites.
This is oversimplifying things. Although it's true that a closely related backlink would get more weight by Google - so-called 'irrelevant' backlinks would still be useful. It's all a matter of degree.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:02 PM

Yes,Google also give more importance to dofollow backlinks from your niche. Building backlinks to deeper pages look natural. Internal links are also very important.Backlinks from your niche are very important to rank your site.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:22 AM

Backlinking must be done correctly as you need to find related sites to link too. Besides Google penguin focuses on the quality and relevance of links a website possess.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member

Yes your point is correct. Marketing, whether it be online or physical holds the same concept that how many businesses or websites are recommending your service or product. Thats what backlinks are- it is recommendation by various websites that they trust you as a website.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Contributing Member

It's better to do few backlinks to high quality PR related sites about your nich than doing or contract the typical "Get +5000 backlinks for free".

Try always to seem as natural as possible and look for backlinks without the rel="nofollow" (if you do it, it doesn't really matter if you backlink with the rel="nofollow" attribute: you won't get pagerank but your site will index faster).

I would recommend you also to use different keywords on your anchor text on every pages you backlink.

Think like if you were Google Penguin.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

If you are building links to your site then please make sure that your link profile should look natural.

So these should be considered:

Relevant links
Natural links
Slow links
Quality links
Regular link building

Old 07-21-2013, 01:16 AM

Yep, natural linking is how you do it. I do wonder the actual...weight Google gives to related sites vs. randoms, though. I'm thinking nabbing a few high quality links from a similar site is worth far far far more then random backlinks from other sites, but as for the actual breakdown of percentages/weight I've no idea

Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM

OP: is it necessary to say what is your major in school? It does not have any relevancy with the topic at hand.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Creating backlinks from the irrelevant sites can represent you as spam so while creating backlinks, it is necessary to use sites that are relevant to your niche. also you should focus on the sites having a high PR for creating your backlinks.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 AM

Unfortunately online business world doesn't necessarily work like that:

"consider site as a real human and backlinking as developing Public Relation with the related professionals. now you have a clear idea that backlinking should be just to the related sites not from any site"

It is a cut throat world online, and surely public relations are the key (whether online or offline), but the nature of the beast "online websites, usually competitors" always starts along this line:

"If I link out to my publicly related competitor then I will lose business"
Such a retarded concept I know, first, if your website has flimsy content and it hasn't mastered effective web copy-writing (keyword there is WEB) then why would anyone discourage their users finding a better website (yours) and analytics/log files could come to the rescue, meaning: if you end up getting good source of quality traffic from your "publicly related website (which in turn is your competitor who was wise enough to link to your useful website) then why wouldn't you reciprocate (perhaps sharing some ideas as to how to ...)
So all in all, it is very hard to get quality back links due to the nature of the beast. Focus on answering the questions your potential customer is asking, or, is likely to ask, because at the end of the day, that is the only relation that will make things happen for you online.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum