Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 12-25-2013, 05:31 PM
No Longer Active

Thumbs down ___________ Ruined Christmas!

I started a thread talking about this over on Facebook, but I decided I would like to bring the conversation over here to the V7N too because I believe it is important.

I was reading an article about many Christmas presents not making it in time and many of the comments and tweets over on Twitter about Christmas being ruined for so many actually kind of made me sick to my stomach. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...resents-meals/

Yeah, I am about to rant for a moment or two, so ya might want to warm up your coffee or add something stronger to it before proceeding.

THINGS CAN'T RUIN CHRISTMAS OR EVEN YOUR DAY!

I keep hearing people say that __________ ruined Christmas. NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU ALLOW IT TO!

C'mon folks. Life is simply not about STUFF. It is about living and loving. It's about spending time with family, friends, and loved ones.

If you are feeling a bit sorry for yourself today, I have the perfect cure for you. GO HELP SOMEONE! Start some kindness ripples. Bring someone a smile. Make a difference! Load up a bunch of coffee and cookies and bring it to some homeless people tonight.

Life is never about what happens to us. It is about how we respond to it all.

People only have to watch the news for a few minutes to put it all in perspective. Just down the road here, a two year old witnessed her daddy's murder. This morning, not far from here a man was killed on his motorcycle on his way to spend time with family. A friend on Facebook lost his mama just a few days before Christmas. This followed him losing his daddy not too long ago. Earlier in the week, a baby was found in the garbage here in San Antonio.

Having people who love you? Now THAT matters.

A package not showing up in time for Christmas means absolutely nothing.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2013, 05:38 PM
No Longer Active

"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?" -- Dr. Seuss, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Old 12-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

It's a good rant.

Though, I am sure the people who most need the message will neither hear, understand or appreciate it. Why don't we try to love them anyway and maybe over time it will sink in.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:28 PM
No Longer Active

We love them all. It's who we are.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:46 PM

Life is full of ups and downs.....

If one dwells on the downs they will fail to see the ups....

Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 AM
v7n Mentor

This Christmas was the roughest Christmas ever. As Christmas Eve approached it was apparent that the most important thing was that we had family, everyone was healthy, others in the family came over Christmas Eve and we were all together, Christmas day those that lived far away (My mother, son, and two brothers all was able to talk and see one another on Skype)

It is very easy when things go wrong, or do not happen as they are supposed to to allow depression and self pitty to seep in and ruin life. It is then that it is most important to remember that no matter how bad you believe things are because you can't give what you want to give or have what you want to have that what matters most is that you have a home, electricity, and most important family.

No matter how bad things seem to you there are always those that have it worse. Those that are deployed in the Military be it for the first Christmas of for many, they are without their loved ones and may not even be able to communicate with family. There are those that have no home at all, those that are in the hospital, those that have no family or no idea where they are...there are always those that have it worse no matter how bad you feel that you have it...

It is that Christmas that you feel you have failed, when you can't have all of those things that you want to give your loved ones, or that you don't get the things that you had looked so forward to getting when you realize what is really important at that special time of year...where if you really stop and think you realize how much you really do have, those things that matter most.

The "stuff" that Cricket refers to, they can be gotten or given any time, if you couldn't get them or give them on Christmas then set a different time and day, another opportunity to celebrate just being together with family. Don't ruin a beautiful opportunity or time just because of "stuff" evaluate how much more you have than those that have so much less and be thankful that you have those opportunities when others do not.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

__________ ruined Christmas.

Well here is mine.

****ting ruined Christmas. I suddenly got fever and diharea on christmas eve, had to go to bed 22:30 and got out of bed 41 hours later, during all that time i had to **** 17 times, plus 6 more after i got up, so yeah, that kinda ruined my christmas

Old 12-26-2013, 02:06 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterWoods View Post
__________ ruined Christmas.

Well here is mine.

****ting ruined Christmas. I suddenly got fever and diharea on christmas eve, had to go to bed 22:30 and got out of bed 41 hours later, during all that time i had to **** 17 times, plus 6 more after i got up, so yeah, that kinda ruined my christmas
Are you sure you read my entire post?

Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

"I keep hearing people say that __________ ruined Christmas. NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU ALLOW IT TO!"

I kinda focused my attention to that part

Old 12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterWoods View Post
"I keep hearing people say that __________ ruined Christmas. NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU ALLOW IT TO!"

I kinda focused my attention to that part
I kind of had the feeling that at the very least you missed this part...

Quote:
People only have to watch the news for a few minutes to put it all in perspective. Just down the road here, a two year old witnessed her daddy's murder. This morning, not far from here a man was killed on his motorcycle on his way to spend time with family. A friend on Facebook lost his mama just a few days before Christmas. This followed him losing his daddy not too long ago. Earlier in the week, a baby was found in the garbage here in San Antonio.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

I personally think that even the most hardened amongst us would have to agree that those are hard to beat.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Ah, now i see it. Brain is all fuzzy from fever, can hardly read straight.

The world is indeed a cruel place, im glad life have been good on me and my family so far at least, only deaths in near family have been due to old age, no cancers or other diseases either. But all around me there are sad stories to be told :/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby