Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 11-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Why Entrepreneurs Are Unhealthy & What To Do About It

This is a good read for the folks who sit home all day on there computer plugging away.

Quote:
Itís no coincidence that a lot of entrepreneurs have health related problems.

As entrepreneurs, we often treat our bodies terribly in exchange for success.

We work long, unsociable hours, on little sleep, fueling our bodies with crap food Ė just so we can get back to what we were doing.

This isnít healthy, nor is this is my idea of success.

During the last four years, Iíve dedicated a lot of my time to understanding how the body works and what it needs to thrive at an optimum level.

Iíve tested hundreds of supplements, talked to dozens of doctors and spent a small fortune educating myself before writing this post.

Iím not a doctor and you should always do your own research, but this article does outline what works for me Ė everybody is different.
Continued at: http://www.incomediary.com/entrepreneurs-unhealthy

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

It's an interesting post but truthfully I think these are things that most people are aware of already, but still don't decide to change.

I don't think you can stop people from working such long hours at projects such as building their own websites, increasing online presence or other entrepreneurial activities as it's often crucial to their income.

With the popularity and access to the internet ever increasing, people are only going to be spending more and more time in front of their computers sitting down, but developments in touch screen technology will hopefully have a positive impact soon.

Being able to switch to a large single screen on a desk and carry out all your tasks standing up with full visibility of everything you are doing for example would be more likely to encourage you to walk around more often.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

I just think to myself that in the future I can take it easier when I have money coming in. The more I do now, the less I do in the future.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Wink

What a great informative post...Warm water, lemon, and ginger from now on.
Who would of thought the luxury of eating and having cold water could increase someone's weight. Good for me because I'm trying to gain weight but bad for those trying to lose weight

Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM

Work now, for your future. If you don't put hard work and dedication into it. It will never work out. Meaning, do what you have to do now... So you can live nicely in the future. When you're living nicely, then you can make yourself healthy. This day and age, its the only way to do things. imho

Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member

dont be workaholic and spend time for physical fitness and spend time with family for mental fitness

Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

I think we have to manage it well. We have to give time for our physical activities, entertainment, and healty eating too. Actually we do not pay attention in this direction and run after work and money. Life includes several other measures also including giving time to our family, children, and spouce.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Actually Enterpreneurs have so much tension about running business that they stop caring about themselves.

P.S) I think whole I T Industry is unhealthy with so much junk food available, people tend to get fat.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Some people say that they can escape tension through hobbies, while that is possible to some exempt a good entrepreneur will always think about the problems he and his business is facing. Once you are responsible not only for yourself and your family, but for other peoples too things get a lot different... not necessarily in a good way. On the other hand overdoing this will mean severe health problems..

Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 PM

The whole point I want to get into an independent business is to not to have 8 hours a day work time. I have a beautiful garden that I want to give more attention to. Work is not the ultimate goal. Money is not either.

Business does not have to be a 80 hrs a week endeavor either. Hire others to do mundane tasks, but spend your time on strategizing.

I think entrepreneurs in the article are simply workaholics. These are the people who just love to be engaged in every stage of their business. Nothing wrong with that if that's what they want, but for me the goal is entirely different.

I think, if the great idea strikes, it should just explode without having to create a thousand backlinks or post a million articles. But, it is not going to occur by itself. Just keep plugging.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 AM

I read an article that shows the habits of some of the most successful people in the world. Exercising is quite a consistent habit among them, keeps the body and mind sharp.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

It all comes down to having the discipline to change your routine. Adding good diet and exercise to your life is no different than any other discipline. You have to work at it.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 AM

I can't agree with you Mister.. This is something I look forward to in the future...

Old 02-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

This is the case which relates to Internet Entrepreneurs. As discussed in the post, we are so engaged in our online business activities that we sometimes skip breakfasts,lunches and dinner too. It's a passion for an online entrepreneur to see the results coming as soon as it could be possible.

Talking about myself (Example scenario), If I created a campaign on Google Adwords, I don't leave the system till the time I see my ads ranking on targeted keywords, traffic, analysing visitors flow.

So we fall so deeply in our activities that it becomes an important task to complete compared to our meals.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby