Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues

Web Directory Issues Issues pertaining to operating or dealing with online directories, or general info about DMOZ, Yahoo!, Google Directory, BOTW, Ezilon, etc.

Share |
Old 03-12-2016, 11:15 AM

Thumbs down Advice on free directory submissions

In which directories can your website get listed for free? I have a huge list but any new one would be good.
For example DirectoryCritic is a good website which deals with directories. Any similar websites to this one? And possibly free of charge.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohttp View Post
In which directories can your website get listed for free? I have a huge list but any new one would be good.
For example DirectoryCritic is a good website which deals with directories. Any similar websites to this one? And possibly free of charge.
Here is what I came up with that I feel is a decent list but there is always a few bad ones in the list. My advice is to check the directories latest links and see how recent the submissions got approved and do they look spammy?

You can tell a lot about a web directory by randomly checking listings and see if the directory owner cares about each listing being written well.

http://alltipsfinder.com/high-pr-fre...on-sites-list/

Old 03-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the list Snake.
What I did is, Just referred for the High PR list, and created my own list around 150 on excel that are really working. Now I feel easily to submit the links on routine. And I feel it is more than enough.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:44 PM
Contributing Member

Then what are the other ways to increase traffic? Atleast one that helps more

Old 03-14-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahaSathi View Post
Then what are the other ways to increase traffic? Atleast one that helps more
Well doing blog commenting can sometimes be a forum of getting traffic but it's not always a lock.

Do remember when you post a blog comment, fill in your real name in the comment box and add your website URL. Then make sure you read the blog author's blog post so you can make a quality reply about it. Other blog commenters may see your awesome replies and end up clicking on your name which is linked to your website URL for free traffic.

Actually head over to the marketing section on this forum to talk about ways to get traffic. Let's not take this thread off topic. lol

Old 03-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

There are many free local directories/local citation out there.

Just google it.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Well doing blog commenting can sometimes be a forum of getting traffic but it's not always a lock.

Do remember when you post a blog comment, fill in your real name in the comment box and add your website URL. Then make sure you read the blog author's blog post so you can make a quality reply about it. Other blog commenters may see your awesome replies and end up clicking on your name which is linked to your website URL for free traffic.

Actually head over to the marketing section on this forum to talk about ways to get traffic. Let's not take this thread off topic. lol
Haha Snake Thanks for the reply.
By the way I recommend your reply is a valid one.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:16 PM

It is. I only reply when I know I can be of help to someone or everyone in the thread.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member

Hi,

Other than directory critic as already mentioned, Another i can think of is 'web directories ws', Google it, Should be there in results.

All the best
Jay

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Web Directory Issues