Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 AM

Opened An App Store Website, Need Ad And Awareness Suggestions - Please Help.

I am not trying to break any forum rules here, just asking for help. I have what I think is a monster on my hands. I've been doing a lot of back-linking and have had some click success with Facebook ads.

Seems like a dumb question, but I'm not sure what to do next. I've been emailing a lot of developers, but am not sure which route to take with advertising (i.e. where), or how to go about bartering with other websites and webmasters maybe to display my ads for theirs in return.

I am trying to of course bring more traffic and boost my user base with developers and users of my forum (and who isn't).

Check GiveMeApps.com

Last edited by epu; 08-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by epu View Post
I am not trying to break any forum rules here, just asking for help. I have what I think is a monster on my hands. I've been doing a lot of back-linking and have had some click success with Facebook ads.

Seems like a dumb question, but I'm not sure what to do next. I've been emailing a lot of developers, but am not sure which route to take with advertising (i.e. where), or how to go about bartering with other websites and webmasters maybe to display my ads for theirs in return.

I am trying to of course bring more traffic and boost my user base with developers and users of my forum (and who isn't).

Check GiveMeApps.com
So you want to advertise on other webmasters/developers websites? I'm referring to you putting your banner image up on there website.

Have you tried finding blogs/forums in your niche as in mobile phones and purchased any advertising spots on them? You could also on the blogs in your niche ask the blog owner if you could make a guest blog post. This way you get a backlink and get to expose your website to that blog owners subscriber's.

On forums in your niche or even on this forum, you can display your website in your signature and just post helpful stuff. Curious members will click on your signature link eventually. V7N has a rule in which 30 quality posts is needed to obtain the signature feature.

Have you tried using google adwords to advertise your website?

What methods have you used already besides facebook that have brought you in some results? If you find a method that works a little for you, see what you can do to double or triple those results by fine tuning a few things.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Thx for the quick response. I just did a ton of research and started using Planet Traffic. Let's see how that works out. I did the signature thing on a bunch of forum sites, so far it hasn't had that big of an effect. I will work with some of these paid sites, but I'm shooting for banner exchanges.

I have no use adwords.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue