Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
v7n Mentor

Do you have ANY analytics on the site? Don't get me wrong, I hear allot of people here offering advice to toss this or that up, and it's probably what's working for them, don't get me wrong, but here's the problem. They are using what they know works on THEIR websites. It's working, they see it, so they offer the information, but are their visitors the ones going to the site in question? This kind of question drives me nuts. And most times, no, they have no analytics in place to know who their visitors are, where they come from, or what they might like.

Here's the things with PROPER website monetization, offering your visitors things they need or want. Offer them a bunch of crap they don't need, nothing converts. You can work harder and play the numbers game by driving a crap load of traffic into the site, but that's a numbers game. You want to be TRULY successful online? Get some analytics on your visitors. There's plenty of free ones out there. Look at the search terms they use to find you and the sites they come in from. Then take an educated guess at what they might want or need, offer it, and reap the rewards. Monetizing any other way is nothing more than trial and error. How quick do you want to make money?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Nowadays, theirs a plenty of ad serving program to monetize your site. You might end freaking your self up for not choosing the right one. Their are several ad in the internet that known for their service like adsense, adbrite and clicksor. Either of the 3 it will help monetize your website.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM

Kosmix if you want in text ads is a decent choice as well I think because there links aren't as annoying... no annoying on-hover pop-ups! I imagine you will probably make less money but at least you aren't annoying your visitors.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM

What about for a website that has "questionable" material like graffiti painting videos etc. We get a decent amount of traffic but can't find a good way to monetize.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue