Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 10-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Making Money With Undeveloped Domains

Hi all,

To keep it short (as possible) I'll say I'm up to speed with building websites, hosting, digital graphics, SEO etc., and I do have a few sites I own and work as is required.

My question is, what are good strategies for making money with undeveloped domains? The is not a "How Do I Make Money With My Website?" question.

This is a "How Can I Get The Most Out Of Undeveloped Domains?" question. I know "parking" is one way but from what I've seen, inherent traffic is key as most parking setups will not allow outside linking etc. so this route is limited and you can't do with a parked domain what you can with a website even if it's just a one page website.

I have what I consider to be some good names in various categories and I am willing to put the time and money into setting them up and building them but what I cannot do is spend time on ongoing maintenance, I have too much else to do.

I just thought that rather than let them sit (and wait for someone to buy them) I'd try and setup something that would at least generate some $$$. Of course affiliate programs are another option, been there, done that.

Is there anything else?

Thanks,

Iz

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM

What you can do is find a good niche that you would like to tap in then optimize your site. Make it rank on search engines then add some PPC ads like Adsense, chitika, etc. And at the same time you can setup an affiliate product that you would like to sell. There are actually lots of ways. The best thing with this is that you don't need to maintain it. As long as you keep your ranking at 1st page then traffic will be coming and money will be pouring in.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Thanks for your input. It seems what you have outlined is a good way to go. I'm still looking.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 PM

I also forgot to mention auto-blogs. As we all know making articles is a good way to create traffic to your site. When you autoblog articles there's a big chance that you will get traffic from people who are looking for something on search engines. If you need help setting up an autoblog to your site, you may drop me a msg.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Thanks again, I'm still doing research. I have some good names, and I've snagged a few more in a niche I know something about in a general category that is pretty much ignored by most. Initially I said "0" maintenance but if it allows me to do it right and make some real money I've decided a few hours a week to keep them going won't be out of line for me.

Some I'm going to try to sell. Some I'm going to develop a good turn-key site for and sell the whole thing, others I'll set up as revenue generators. All this in addition to my "day job" as a consultant.

All the info I need is out there in the ether, I just have to take the time to sift through all the crapolla. And, you've got to know where the experts are and not necessarily ask, just sit back and listen...

Thanks again,

Iz

Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Why to earn money from adsense if you can sell your own products or services? Selling products or services is the best way to earn money.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube_media View Post
Why to earn money from adsense if you can sell your own products or services? Selling products or services is the best way to earn money.
Two words....Ful fillment.

The best products are digital that can be paid for and automatically downloaded. But coming up with something that will sell takes work. And I've got this character flaw that won't allow me to spend all the time and money on the sales pitch and very little on the product. The "There's One Born Every Minute" business plan.

It still could work but that path is not clear to me.

Iz

Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

You can use adsense or you can auction your domain at godaddy,Sedo or Ebay to make money with those undeveloped domains.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue