Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Wink How to monetize a webmaster blog ?

Hello Guys,

I have a new webmaster and web development blog and I am currently looking at different revenue generating alternatives.

Do you think adsense is the best option for a webmaster blog ? I feel that webmasters are one of the groups which click on the ads the least since they are from the "business" and do not pay much attention to ads.

Are there any other viable alternatives ?

What do you think are additional revenue generation methods in addition to adsense ?

I would also appreciate your placement tips for banners.

Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.

Best Regards,

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Contributing Member

Adsense won't do any good. You won't get clicks from webmasters. You can sell ads in webmaster forums, ebooks, seo services. Selling clickbank products, seo tools and such. A lot of the popular article submitters, directory submitters, social network submitters have good paying affiliate programs.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 AM

I agree. adsense is not for hardcore computer persons as webmasters are. You may signup on clickbank and make decent reviews of quality software or tutorials with your affiliate link embeded. Also you should check sites where you can sell links or blog posts

Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

Has anyone actually tested that "webmasters don't click on ads" idea?

I haven't, but I'm suspicious of it.

Personally, I notice ads significantly more than I did before getting into PPC, SEO and web marketing in general. Sometimes I'll click on an ad just to see what product is being advertised, and I've definitely been sold on some things from that process.

Granted, I don't even think about gooroo products or bull****, 5-page sales letters. I do go for things that look professional, though - basically anything that doesn't say "2 and a half easy steps to make money instantly while sleeping!"

While I don't own any information products in the SEO niche (too suspicious of them), I do own Market Samurai, Scrapebox and I host my websites on a VPS from ZenSix. I also pirated an old copy of Aaron Wall's SEO Book, which makes me want to see if all of the useless information is useless because I have such an outdated version or if it has evolved into a more robust product with time.

Maybe webmasters are more likely to buy products that their successful friends or "co-workers" are using, but less likely to buy products that are obvious horse **** like acai berries or $49.99, quit-your-day-job-with-my-easy-plan-that-hasn't-actually-worked-for-me-yet-but-you-know-whatever-just-give-me-your-money ebooks.

On topic, I think you need to be more specific than a general AdSense block if you want to make money. Can't you advertise high quality web hosting? Or good, non-free IDEs like Komodo? Or both hard copy and digital programming guides? Or sell your own products, like toolboxes of common code or examples or full-out tutorials.

Be creative

Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 AM

I think Adsense is rarely the best option these days! Have you considered affiliate networks instead?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Content locking/Incentive companies like CPAlead rival Adsense in earnings and are a good starting point to generating revenue for your website. I use it myself and could help you.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

Adsense is primarily useful for websites and blogs where people are searching for answers quickly and do a lot of clicking. When these people land on a site they will quickly search for the best ways to get the most information they can as quickly as possible. These people also do not have as much experiences with the internet so they will click on ads that seem like they cater to their interests.

You are right in the fact that people on your web development blog most likely know where to find all the information they need without clicking on your ads. This is why adsense is not a good to monetize a site like yours. I personally have never tried this type of blog so i'm not entirely sure what would be the best way to monetize your site.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Adsense is good.
you can also use other like adbrite , chitika ....

Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

Cool Easy Ad Clicking Blogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathman View Post
Adsense is primarily useful for websites and blogs where people are searching for answers quickly and do a lot of clicking. When these people land on a site they will quickly search for the best ways to get the most information they can as quickly as possible. These people also do not have as much experiences with the internet so they will click on ads that seem like they cater to their interests.
what kind of blogs usually have this kind of nature?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Banned

Have you considered selling ads space on your blog?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread