Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb Can AdSense Placement work on other ad networks?

Hello Friends,
We all know about the usual AdSense Placements that bring in nice profits. Now has anyone noticed the change if we were to place other Ad Network ads on these same placements in a blog?

Please share your suggestions and opinions.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

A long time ago when i owned a forum, i removed adsense to test out bidvertiser ads but didn't make as much as i had did with adsense.

For starters the ads was more targeted to the content on the given page using adsense. I don't remember to much but i know that i switched back to adsense after 1 month. lol

I think it don't matter what ad network that you are using in the same old location's, if the ad shown does not relate to the content on that page, chances of getting a click is way down.

BTW, on your blog in your signature (first link), the full page adbrite ad i see when first viewing it is a little annoying. Those ads don't convert much but may lead to your bounce rate going up. (This just my opinion)

If you want to talk about that type of ad, start a new thread.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 AM

with adsense no other similar ppc/cpm program can be used, as its against adsense terms, moreover adsense is best to make money for webmaster who has high amount of good traffic

Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtips View Post
with adsense no other similar ppc/cpm program can be used, as its against adsense terms, moreover adsense is best to make money for webmaster who has high amount of good traffic
Two things about this post.. 1) OP isnt saying to use them WITH adsense, but to place a different ad network's ads in the same places (replacing adsense ads of a certain location with another network) and 2) adsense isn't always the best. It depends on your niche and site. Sometimes it's actually not very useful at all.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtips View Post
This just isn't true I'm afraid.

Firstly - you can use AdSense alongside other advertising networks on a page as long as the other ads aren't contextual and they don't look like AdSense ads which could confuse people. From the Google AdSense FAQ
Quote:
Competitive ads and services
In order to prevent user confusion, publishers may not display Google ads or search boxes on websites that also contain other ads or services formatted to use the same layout and colours as the Google ads or search boxes on that site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure that these ads cannot be confused with Google ads.
Secondly, whilst AdSense is a great ad network, webmasters can earn much better rates by selling the ads themselves, and can earn more with targeted affiliate programs or other more vertical networks if implemented well. AdSense does offer an easy revenue stream for publishers with little effort on their part, but ease and profit are not necessarily the same thing.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

I find AdSense a bit crappy since they get to hold a FULL $100 before transferring them to you.. I agree that AdSense might have BEST content related ads but in the long run they have low inventory turnover!

Imagine using a network where the minimum withdrawal is $10, here you can roll over your balance 10 times before getting payment from AdSense! Furthermore, it hurts if someone gets a Letter of Denial when the balance is around $90

Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

@TechUpdates - I understand your issues with the $100 minimum payout with AdSense, but networks have these minimums in order to absorb some of the fees in sending people their payments via Paypal or other means. If they set the minimum at $10, the fees would take out much of their profit margins from those publishers...

Regarding ad placement, Casale Media did a study into it which I explain on AdBalance - but generally you should make sure the ad is above the fold, and whilst it should fit into your theme - it should also stand out so users notice it.

Skyscrapers and rectangles tend to work better on the right hand, as that is where people leave the cursor "hovering" when they are reading a page - less effort to move the mouse to click the ad means less friction and more clicks.

Click through rates (CTR) are generally pretty low on ads however - somewhere around 0.2% is pretty standard - although it can vary wildly from site to site.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

@masm50 They could easily employ PayPal Then the costs of delivery would nullify!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechUpdates View Post
@masm50 They could easily employ PayPal Then the costs of delivery would nullify!
Why would they use PayPal when google has there own payment processor? Doing this could cause lawsuites.

Google is never going to change there payment methods for adsense. There method now works well for there business.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

@Snakeair Just saying! But I love Google's way of taking over the Web domain! It used to be Yahoo!'s playground back in late 1997's..

Old 01-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
@Snakeair Just saying! But I love Google's way of taking over the Web domain! It used to be Yahoo!'s playground back in late 1997's..
You are right. Back in 1997, i just hanging out in AOL chat rooms. lmao

Google is taking over the world.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Hello Friends,
We all know about the usual AdSense Placements that bring in nice profits. Now has anyone noticed the change if we were to place other Ad Network ads on these same placements in a blog?

Please share your suggestions and opinions.
Adsense placements work because they catch your audience's attention and get them to click on your ads. Like Snakeair said, though, the ads need to be relevant to your page content. I'd imagine if you could find another ad company to fill those slots, or if you sold the ads yourself directly, and managed to make sure the ads were relevant, you'd see the same kinds of profits.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue