Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by masm50 View Post
The eCPMs of ads to US/UK/DE/etc countries tends to be higher than the rest of the world at the moment because those are the places with the highest wages and the populations with the highest disposable incomes - meaning they have more money to spend on the advertiser's products or services.
There can be another reason. The "rest of the world" countries have lower rate of computer literacy which makes online advertising less atractive for the local companies. It's seems illogical to advertise online when let's say only 10% of the targeted population uses computers. I know this argument seems like SF from the western perspective, but there are other social differences as well which can influence CPC indirectly.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
There can be another reason. The "rest of the world" countries have lower rate of computer literacy which makes online advertising less atractive for the local companies. It's seems illogical to advertise online when let's say only 10% of the targeted population uses computers. I know this argument seems like SF from the western perspective, but there are other social differences as well which can influence CPC indirectly.
Interesting point - I hadn't thought of that at all, but your very right!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

His responses are almost always well thought out.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.jonse View Post
but it still depends. 10 % in India and 10% in, say, Chile are hardly the same thing.
There is a difference in absolute numbers surely, no one is denying that. The point is in percentages. In example, 10% of chinese population is roughly 130 million people. If your campaign wants to cover the basis of 30% China population, internet advertising alone won't reach the desired goal even if you cover 100% of internet users. There is the matter of different dialects then, how to personalize campaign for the most potential consumers. The number of companies is the second variable. The countries with higher computer literacy rate have more startups. The more startups, the more audience a country has, the more important marketing becomes. With the growth of marketing importance grow the advertising budgets. This is all based on the premise that big advertisers form the average price of CPC through the market.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM

OP - earning that much from selling adspots on your blog is very impressive! you can quit your day job

Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont View Post
OP - earning that much from selling adspots on your blog is very impressive! you can quit your day job
He did.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
He did.
nice good for him! honestly, how many web masters out there can achieve that? i don't think i'll be able to do that.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masm50 View Post

Most ad networks take around a 50% cut, so the advertisers paying through those ad networks to advertise on your site are paying $200/month - a figure that I would use as the base rate to start negotiations.
What you are not taking into consideration is that adnetworks have a lot more power and a lot more leverage for negotiation that won't be same for a small site's owner. another issue is to find the right advertiser which may take a lot of time with no real revenues.

There are a lot of networks out there that can do this job for you, just concentrate on making your site a better site.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue