Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post
Look at IGN.com. It is a slow loading website, but it is ranking #1 in the SERPs for thousands of keywords.
I can't speak for the keyword data, but it loads in 3 seconds here, which isn't all that bad. Mind you I didn't put it through any site tester.

Quote:
While I do encourage people to optimize the loading speed, I don`t think that this factor can influence the rankings unless you have abysmal loading times.
Well, I'm not sure if there's something out there that advocates the weighting of site speed, and while the weighting may not be as high as other factors, it's well worth looking into. Remember, it's all the little "trickles" of water that turn into a "stream" which fills the "rivers" and then meets the "oceans".

Quote:
I appreciate it. It really is nice to receive a response other than "post comments on high DA/PA blogs". )))
NP - I'm getting a bit annoyed here with all the junk, but I know personally, it's a difficult task to moderate a forum, especially an active one like this.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

You know why IGN ranks for thousands of keywords ?

Because the game industry keywords are easy to rank for. Although this is a billion dollar industry the keywords are really extremely easy to rank with no backlinks. I outrank several game companies for their own keywords.

Now there are other factors at play obviously and the fact that IGN is an authority site (a real one not stupid fake MOZ metrics one) makes a huge difference and some ranking factors will not effect them because of that.

Quote:
Yes, I know what they said. I understand that site loading speed might be a ranking signal, but I don`t think it`s a very important one.
I think I have given this example before: Look at IGN.com. It is a slow loading website, but it is ranking #1 in the SERPs for thousands of keywords.

While I do encourage people to optimize the loading speed, I don`t think that this factor can influence the rankings unless you have abysmal loading times.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

Quality content and links from similar and relevant sources are best

Old 03-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

If you really understand on on page and off page seo and work on accordingly, there are ways to increase you page rank.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post

Now there are other factors at play obviously and the fact that IGN is an authority site (a real one not stupid fake MOZ metrics one) makes a huge difference and some ranking factors will not effect them because of that.
I`m a bit confused. Are you saying that ranking signals don`t apply equally on all the websites on the web?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member

Ummm that's exactly what I am saying. It has been this way from day 1.

Quote:
I`m a bit confused. Are you saying that ranking signals don`t apply equally on all the websites on the web?

Old 03-22-2016, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ummm that's exactly what I am saying. It has been this way from day 1.
Can you explain more? It sounds intriguing. If the signals that apply to my website don`t apply to yours in the same way, how is this even a fair race?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Ummm you do know this is business right ?

The smart, the strong, the innovators are the ones that win. Have you learned nothing from Steve Jobs and Apple ??

You looking for fair, seriously ?? The fact that I am smarter than 90% of the people on this forum gives me an unfair advantage - are you saying I need to dumb down in order to make things fair ??

It is a well known fact (although many ignore it) that websites, blogs and forums are ranked differently and do have different factors.

Quote:
Can you explain more? It sounds intriguing. If the signals that apply to my website don`t apply to yours in the same way, how is this even a fair race?

Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ummm you do know this is business right ?

The smart, the strong, the innovators are the ones that win. Have you learned nothing from Steve Jobs and Apple ??

You looking for fair, seriously ?? The fact that I am smarter than 90% of the people on this forum gives me an unfair advantage - are you saying I need to dumb down in order to make things fair ??

It is a well known fact (although many ignore it) that websites, blogs and forums are ranked differently and do have different factors.
From Steve Jobs? I learned to copy other phones and call it "innovation".
(just compare the "innovative features" of the iPhone 5 with other phones released 1-2 years earlier) So...not a good example of innovation, but indeed, an example of smart marketing. But let`s not go there.

Smarter than 90% of the people here? When was the IQ test done?

You didn`t understand my question or your example is not good. If you say that the ranking signals don`t apply by the same rules is like:
Three people running in a marathon. One runs normally, the second one is forced to run backwards and the third is forced to jump instead of run. Do you understand what am I saying?

The whole point of a race is to have the same set of rules for all it`s participants. If the rules don`t apply the same, then it`s not a race.
That`s why I find it hard to believe what you are saying, but that doesn`t mean it isn`t true. Do you have a link where your theory is demonstrated, because I can`t find anything on Google.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:50 AM
Contributing Member

IQ has nothing to do with how smart someone is - Google it.

I understood and answered your question. You need to learn to hear and understand when someone speaks. Why do you think everything is equal ? What gives you this idea ?

A website, A blog, A forum are 3 completely different things - How on this green earth do you think they should be treated equally ? Although real marketers realize Alexa is useless, even Alexa ranks these property types differently.

Just because Google smacks part of a link farm article directory does not mean they smack the entire site and certainly does not mean they smack other article directories - I assume you think this is unfair ?

Google ignores most of those lame bookmarking sites (especially the pligg ones) but yet they don't ignore diigo - I assume you think this is unfair ?

Google pretty much ignores Manta but gives credit to yelp - I assume you think this is unfair ?

You need more examples ? I could go all day long with this and even write a book on it.

Sorry but in real life not all things are fair or equal - The same goes for business online or offline.

Quote:
From Steve Jobs? I learned to copy other phones and call it "innovation".
(just compare the "innovative features" of the iPhone 5 with other phones released 1-2 years earlier) So...not a good example of innovation, but indeed, an example of smart marketing. But let`s not go there.

Smarter than 90% of the people here? When was the IQ test done?

You didn`t understand my question or your example is not good. If you say that the ranking signals don`t apply by the same rules is like:
Three people running in a marathon. One runs normally, the second one is forced to run backwards and the third is forced to jump instead of run. Do you understand what am I saying?

The whole point of a race is to have the same set of rules for all it`s participants. If the rules don`t apply the same, then it`s not a race.
That`s why I find it hard to believe what you are saying, but that doesn`t mean it isn`t true. Do you have a link where your theory is demonstrated, because I can`t find anything on Google.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengaldnik View Post
Quality content and links from similar and relevant sources are best
Do you have any other advice after reading the last 10 replies in this thread which was very interesting to read.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

If only people would take the time to read replies just maybe.... maybe.. They might learn something but many are scared to learn because usually that involves work. Sad thing is MANY people online don't want to work - they think marketing is all about spamming up sites with backlinks.

Build a Business and Brand
Build and Increase Brand Awareness
Build and Increase Popularity
Offer something of VALUE
Create Magnetic Content
Joint Venture with Related Business

These are just a few things needed to create a long term business that will pay you month after month for years to come.

NONE OF THE ABOVE INVOLVES SPAMMY BACKLINKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Do you have any other advice after reading the last 10 replies in this thread which was very interesting to read.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:03 AM

Comrades above are right. Your website's content should be unique for 80-90%.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

I don't recall anyone saying anything about unique content. Not sure where you get this 80 - 90% thing either. Usually people that talk about a % basically steals content and tries to rewrite it.

Quality content should be written - nothing to do with unique because the fact is most content is NOT unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Carlson View Post
Comrades above are right. Your website's content should be unique for 80-90%.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

If you seriously want to increase the ranking of your website or blog. Then you'll need to apply few things which help you out to increase the ranking of your website.

Website design and navigation matter a lot your theme must be Mobile responsive. Always use premium theme for better ranking.

Write unique and informative content which attracts your reader to come back and visit your website consistently.

Try to publish fresh content twice a week.

Choose quality keyword for your post and add them preciously.

Optimize your permalinks and images also.

Interlink your post with your previously published posts.

Use caching plugins

Use Social media buttons for social media marketing and for maximum share.

Submit your site on Google and major search engines.

Get backlinks for different sources not only depended on single source i.e. blog commenting, try other methods like Forum posting, Question answer websites, social book marking, article writing, web 2.0.

Link building with those website which is related to your niche and well reputed and established site.

These are few ways which help your out to grow your ranking in Google.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Banned

You should write good and unique content based on your target keyword for you website then promote link by using social networking websites. You should do all the activities consistently and may be for more time to other. Keep, calm and do all SEO activities....

Old 03-26-2016, 02:47 AM
Banned

1-Use a Search Engine Site Map
2-Check Your Robots.txt File
3-ALT text on Images
4-Your Page Must Have the Words You Think People Will Search For
5-Links Pointing to Your Website
6-Disabling the Caching of Your Page Will Not Affect Your Page Rank

Old 03-26-2016, 07:18 PM

First of all you need to have good and unique content over your site. Also advertising on social media,Facebook,twitter,Bing,Yahoo, will help a lot to get good traffic to your site.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

Oh yeah that's a unique thinking outside the box reply ...

Did you even read the thread ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nion1976 View Post
First of all you need to have good and unique content over your site. Also advertising on social media,Facebook,twitter,Bing,Yahoo, will help a lot to get good traffic to your site.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Administrator

OP abandoned the thread.

4 pages of repeats, this thread is done.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread