Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-18-2016, 08:36 AM

how to target one website to multiple country

i got a site and that is .com domain and i want to do seo for multiple country like uk,canada,us,new zealend,au,switzerland.website provide software services,digital marketing services.how to do seo for that?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

In Google Webmaster you can enter a specific region you want to target. Google will then associate all content on that doman with that specific country or even city

Old 03-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Geo targeting restricts sites to specified country or region. But if you want to target multiple countries and content is different (or language is different) create sub folders or sub domains.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiyathakker26 View Post
i got a site and that is .com domain and i want to do seo for multiple country like uk,canada,us,new zealend,au,switzerland.website provide software services,digital marketing services.how to do seo for that?
Seeing the setting in Google Search Console only tells Google which country (not countries) you wish to target you will have to come up with a different plan.

The UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia all use British English. US uses US English. Not sure which version of English Swedish people use when reading English.

1. Try to use spellings that are not British English or US English specific to avoid the search engines and people deciding what country you are targeting. That being said, if you have good content it shouldn't matter which version of English you use, you'll gain popularity through people sharing your work.

2. Apply basic SEO principles.

3. All ready mentioned above - good content that people want to share.

You picked a tough market to be in. With hard work and uniqueness there is a possibility of you ranking internationally without country specific domains/folders/versions of your site.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member

You can target target different countries by creating category of each country like:
yourwebsite.com/country/uk, yourwebsite.com/country/canada,yourwebsite.com/country/us,yourwebsite.com/country/new-zealend

Old 03-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

The best method is, you can create sub-domain for each country. This can easily help you to rank a website for multiple countries.

You can also use this link to get more information about this (santoshkori.com/blog/how-to-optimize-single-domain-website-to-target-different-countries-seo/)

Old 03-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Banned

if you want you can have different version of the site, using a simple php script or html page poiting to a different version of the wp site.

For SEO, maybe it's better to create backlinks and contextual link in the blog/sites of the targeted country, each for any different version of the site.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:08 AM

She is trying multiple countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengaldnik View Post
In Google Webmaster you can enter a specific region you want to target. Google will then associate all content on that doman with that specific country or even city
Well, she is trying to target multiple countries. I don't think picking up a single country would help her much in this case. I faced this situation before. I am working for a multinational business and their target market is UK, Australia, Belgium, Netherlands, France and German.

Now their local store is based in Belgium but instead of selecting "Belgium" in Google Search console (formerly known as "Google Webmaster tool") I didn't pick up any country name (as they have multiple countries to target, I don't want to get stuck with just one country)!

All foreign stores contents are different (de, fr, nl) and thus Googlebot will know which countries it should target to display the contents....

Old 03-27-2016, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Use Google Webmaster Tools,

Also, you can research your targeted country's Trend, Festival or Requirement. And, you can create content about it.

for example, I had one domain name of .in (India) not .COM sill I'm getting traffic from US / UK etc on festival likes Christmas, New Year many more!

Cheers!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Work with social media to spread your site.
It works

Old 03-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

You need to create several sub domains that link to your main domain website. Then target each country keywords and produce content and give back links ti them. It will definitely enhances your search engine rank in the multiple regions of the world.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum