Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

Site is selling stuff through Amazon Affilate - but it keeps saying no revenue

Hi there,

I have a site that is using Amazon Affilates and has been making sales. However, it's been about a month now and I sold about 20 items. None of them are saying I've earned revenue on them. Any idea on what is going on? Some of the stuff are high ticket items like a laptop and TV

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2018, 07:45 PM

There is a guy on /r/juststart having a similar issue and i'm sure he said it had something to do with amazon strip having a bug.

Might be an idea to ticket amazon.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

How do you know you sold them if amazon says you did not make sale. If your buying off own affiliate link it does not count. If it shows the sales then contact amazon.

It could be problem with amazon i have not looked to see if any problems since they changed some of the links and closed astore for affiliates.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

I think the best way would be contacting Amazon affiliates, they are the only people that can solve this issue.
Also there might be another problem with your affiliate link and it might not be verified yet, amazon affiliate team will check each affiliate for quality of sales and the source of traffic to see if it is normal or you are practicing something illegal, if they find out that you are good to go they will turn off the limits and you can earn from your sales.
Try not to cheat their system or you will end up earning nothing and loosing all of your efforts.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

Alright. I'll contact them and see what's up. I did have some folks run some test sales to see if it was actually working and the rest after that are legit.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr266 View Post
How do you know you sold them if amazon says you did not make sale.
I think what he means is there is data on the graph on the dashboard as if he is getting sales but in the top right where it would normally say you have earned $x it is showing $0.

Pretty sure thats what happened to the guy on Reddit who had a similar problem due to using the amazon strip.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, that is what happened. I use the category banner to get the sale. The graph shows sales, but no commission.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
Yes, that is what happened. I use the category banner to get the sale. The graph shows sales, but no commission.
Ticket amazon about it, I can't find the thread on /r/juststart that was talking about it but i'm sure he ticketed amazon and they fixed it because amazon stripe had a bug in it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue