Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Share |
Old 05-20-2016, 06:13 AM

ipage vs Hostgator

Hi,
Which one is the best hosting platform ipage or Hostgator?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Both are owned by the same company. Also, there is no "best hosting platform." I suggest doing some research and reading reviews before choosing a provider.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I moved away from Gator a few years ago but would recommend them for started blogs on shared web hosting. If you plan to grow your blog huge then never go with HG.

In fact, here is the company that owns those to hosting companies and a ton more business's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endura...national_Group

Bad reviews about this company. In fact, I just dug up an old blog post from a blog I've been subscribed to for a long time.

https://yoast.com/avoid-hostgator/

Here another story on this company owning multiple Hosting companies.

https://www.reviewhell.com/blog/endu...p-eig-hosting/

Old 05-22-2016, 11:12 AM

Thanks Snakeair,

i am not much familiar with shared web hosting, would appreciate if you elaborate a little bit.

In fact i am new to blogging and to the forum as well, so need of course seniors guidance over here.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiranwar View Post
Thanks Snakeair,

i am not much familiar with shared web hosting, would appreciate if you elaborate a little bit.
In short, shared web hosting is just the cheapeast package that you can get. in my option when someone starts out online with a new blog for example, they can use shared web shoting beaus teh packages are affordable. Here is an example of a packe for share web hosting that's afffordable.

I used shared web hosting for my first wordpress blog and stayed there for awhile but then some of my started to not work on the web hoting and then they told me to upgrade my account to dediated server. WTF, it wasn't a huge eblog at that timme Most shred web hosting companies tend to pan certain plugins that each up a lot of server resources but now tell you before yoiu buy a plan

Let's said you use Siteground shared web hosting because thats the screenshot I obtained. (Good honst indeed)

They have an afffiliate program as well. Make a few commisson's each moth your web hosting costs is alresddy covered pllus you wiill have extra month.

Quote:
In fact i am new to blogging and to the forum as well, so need of course seniors guidance over here.
After joining the forum there are a few thing that you firsst need to read so you don't make any mistakes on here. Yes, it takes timr to read but membnbers who dont end up with warnings, infractions and possible ban time eventually.

Welcome to the V7 Network Forum
Quality Posting Guidelines

Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

Both are sucks!

Try bluehost I recommend this hosting

Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Banned

This is the problem when one has to go through these days. I think from now on Webmasters might need to cross check which companies are owned by the EIG group. No wonder people keep changing companies.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosting advisor View Post
This is the problem when one has to go through these days. I think from now on Webmasters might need to cross check which companies are owned by the EIG group. No wonder people keep changing companies.
I agree and mine is not owned by them which is why I've been with them for a long time. lol

Old 06-07-2016, 08:22 AM

I think iPage is too Cheap with in Comparison of HostGator. iPage's Server is Quite is Slow & They Customer Service is Really Awesome.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Basically all web hosts that come up under the Top #10 radar are to be avoided. All of them except GoDaddy are owned by the same company...and the level of degraded service is the same across all their brands.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

The crocodile has lost it's shine! If you looking for a rock solid service with a fat budget then bluehost is best!

Old 06-13-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneconque View Post
Both are sucks!

Try bluehost I recommend this hosting
Bluehost is now owned by EIG as well. I'm in the process of moving away from them.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Bluehost is now owned by EIG as well. I'm in the process of moving away from them.
Good choice Bob. Do you have any hosts in mind? I'm hosted in the cloud and love it.

They are not owned by EIG. PM me if you want to know the link (won't be affiliate link) Just not gonna share it in the thread.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 PM

Try Altushost cheap and reliable

Old 07-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawiswar2003 View Post
Try Altushost cheap and reliable
That web host wouldn't be a good host to use if you lived in the USA.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:46 PM

Sorry, haven't heard about them before. But there are so many providers who providing the best services with more addons & best features including moneyback guarantees, higher uptimes in network & at very affordable prices. Kindly specify your requirements so that we can suggest you the better.and also you check with completely managed hosting providers.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Hi,
Which one is the best hosting platform ipage or Hostgator?
I dont have idea about them,you check with some alternatives who are providing completely managed services,in that you will get complete Technical support, and risk free.check with providers reviews and ratings and select better one.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:52 AM

I don't have any experience with ipage, but stay away from Hostgator for sure.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

I have seen a lot of users reporting Hostgator and their bad support and service options. They are under EIG now. So I'd chose non eig companies like kvchosting. There are a lot of places where the lists of the EIG companies are posted so you can keep them in mind and avoid.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
I have seen a lot of users reporting Hostgator and their bad support and service options. They are under EIG now. So I'd chose non eig companies like kvchosting. There are a lot of places where the lists of the EIG companies are posted so you can keep them in mind and avoid.
I used HG years ago and was on shared web hosting as I was new to blogging at the time and had very little traffic and I didn't know much about hosting in general.

As that one blog (don't have it now) grew as in daily traffic, more plugins, adding custom code to the theme... I started to have problems with Hostgator.

They said my blog used up to my server resources. After digging around and asking questions on a forum, I came back at HG and provided my blog at the time didn't use to my server resources. Support was horriable when I provided legit proof it was not my blog but there crowded poorly configured server.

They put as many websites they can on 1 server when you do the shared web hosting and 1 huge traffic spike on 1 of those many blogs on the server can bring the whole server down or cause network problems for everyone else. They have no clue about how important servers are in the web hosting industry. There staff most likely not trained well or to afraid to report to there boss that some changes to the servers need to be made.

HG all about the money and don't care about it's clients. Since then they added managed wordpress hosting but I was long gone before they added that option so I don't know if that hosting option is better or not. I will never go to a web host that is owned by EIG.

I said this before If my web host is bought out by that company, I will switch web hosts. I don't care that I totally love my current host right now but I hate that company.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum