Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-27-2016, 04:45 AM

DISQUS COMMENTS backlinks-good for seo?

I have just started commenting on "powered by disquus" websites and left a link to my website!
Do this will help in rankings?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

It helps in getting you banned on blogs you self promote on. Don't reply to a blog comment and post your link. That just shows that you didn't read the blog post, didn't have an opinion on it or just the typical blog commenter who posts a generic great post message for a backlink.

I love banning those people. If you post a blog comment, direct it to the blog author as that author is looking for feedback and as well answer questions related to the topic.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

It is a malicious activity instead of doing it embed the Disqus comment box plugin on your website or blog.
This will help you in building a good traffic

Old 10-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil99 View Post
I have just started commenting on "powered by disquus" websites and left a link to my website!
Do this will help in rankings?
There 80 blogs of 100 are using nofollow attribute for blog comment. 10 blogs are using none index attribute. 5 blogs not link back to commentator blog. I think that you might confuse about the blog commenting. We the comment to exchange opinion and interact with other bloggers. And if you're expert to rank your website by create backlinks from comment, you will never get what you want so do waste the time with that.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, It is valuable as the SEO point of view therefore blog commenting is still consider the best technique in SEO.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitradev View Post
Yes, It is valuable as the SEO point of view therefore blog commenting is still consider the best technique in SEO.
Did ya read the whole thread before replying? I think not.

OP is spamming Disqus comments and expecting that this is good for his/her SEO efforts.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

If I find out the thread creator did post an approved comment on my blog, I would login right now, delete it an do a ban.

I don't know where people are reading about blog commenting but posting on blogs just dropping your link, keyword stuffing the "name field" is very wrong and does not help SEO wise but gives you a bad reputation and a ban from the blog once the admin notices it.

Here is a tip to make the most out of blog commenting. The proper way to fill in your user information is in the screenshot below.

Not filling in your correct information and then self promoting in your comment or posting gibberish to insert your keywords will paint a better picture of yourself being inexperience and there to promote your website in sort of way and not commenting because you truly have someone appropriate to say about the blog post.

Better yet, I'll show you the way to comment on a blog post that makes me the blog owner happy enough to respond directly. When I reply, I try to do a good enough job to where that person comes back and responds back to me.

The person who replied a blog post of mine did not spam but did get a backlink because the profile field was filled in correctly with a website URL. If that person continues to be honest and respond with great replies, myself or visitors may get curious about what website that person runs and click on there name to visit the website.

Quality replies will get people curious about you enough to click on your name to view your website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blog.png
Views:	45
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	18702   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPAME.png
Views:	91
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	18703  

Old 10-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

i agree with this technique, i am not using keyword in name field and trying to be honest while commenting and yes getting good traffic as well.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

I would use this kind of backlink for tier 1 or 2. I will never use it for my money site. Think of safety for a long term.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

Short answer: No, "just commenting" on Disqus will not help your rankings.

Disqus offers you a profile link on disqus.com/by/{your user name}, but even that one is redirected and nofollowed, so I think it is safe to say "don't waste your time."

Old 11-13-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

I love banning those people. If you post a blog comment, direct it to the blog author as that author is looking for feedback and as well answer questions related to the topic.

Yes this is true, if someone posting a blog on specific topic then he looking for some feedback from readers, but what mostly done just crap.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread