Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxy View Post
All that it takes is to eliminate greed. Outlaw greed and war and poverty will quickly be on their way out of our lives. Crime drops when people have a productive fulfilling lives. Ad as for drugs, in the words of Jill Stein, It is time that drug addiction gets treated like the health problem it is, not as a crime. And in my words, you can't punish a person out of drugs, but you can love a person out of drugs, and I have been complimented by Judges for exactly that.
The greed of whom? Those that would not work, but want things given to them?

Greed is not the cause of poverty. Not remotely. There will always be relative poverty. Poverty is a mental, physical, social, emotional and spiritual issue. It is not a lack of money issue. In fact there are many who live below the governments "poverty" line and are content with where they are. They work hard and make their own way on their own terms and they don't need a handout from anyone. It is government programs that has stripped pride and strength and self-sufficiency from whole segments of society which they have enslaved.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member

No, greed of the over wealthy, pushing oil prices to the peak, and banks doubling house payments leaving how many homeless. The oil depleted everyone's expendable income, witch most of us depended on. The income that bought vacations, luxuries, updated appliances, cars, etc. The Banks were just a death blow. And food seems targeted to be next.

As for gvt forcing the poor into abject dependency, no argument. But even so, the true cost of welfare is not the dependents, but the nepotism running and exploiting the program, indeed the overhead exceeds the payouts.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
No, greed of the over wealthy,
Define "over wealthy".

Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM
v7n Mentor

There is a simple question on the table. Should we blame society most of the time when a crime is committed?

Poverty does not equal crime any more than being rich makes you good. Plenty of rich people blow people up.

http://www.businesspundit.com/10-richest-terrorists-ever/

Rich or poor, the amount of money that you do or don't have does not make you virtuous. It is a choice. Many tragically abused people go on to lead non-violent lives.

Laws aren't a product of society but are a reflection of the basic moral tenants that we are all born with. For example, unless you've been horribly manipulated and turned into an exception - a sociopathic serial killer, for example - you know deep inside that murder is wrong. <note, I didn't say killing>

Even though Mayans were sacrificing babies to fire gods, you can't tell me every single person thought that was fine. People are and have basically been the same wherever and whenever you go.

Even thought stealing or murder is always wrong, we can use wisdom when punishment is or isn't delivered. That's where society must use discernment and act with mercy.

I think Reagan is correct. We must as a nation - the bulk of us, not the minority few who have really been tragically messed up - stop thinking of ourselves as victims and use that as an excuse for anything wrong that we do. It makes for a country of whiners.

As with many things, we have to strive for balance. Few things in life are all or nothing.

Someone should start another thread to explore drugs, child abuse and the foster system.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

Over wealthy is defined by having great wealth.

Actually, I will prefere to focus on how people are having great wealth, which will be much more interesting to debate.

I categorize the wealthy in two parts:

Wealthy people having great ideas in business wihout harming the people and the environment and of course paying decently their employees, and offering decent benefits (I respect and love these people by the way).

Wealthy people having a business model that exploit overseas workers in third countries by paying them peanuts (less than $0.25 per hour), often beaten by managers and offering here in US low wages with minimum benefits mostly turning their own employees in welfare for food stamps, etc In fact this business model of low cost is a virus killing our society. The policy of low cost is not viable in long term.

The question to ask is: Which one are you willing to support?

Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
The question to ask is: Which one are you willing to support?
I favor capitalism over slavery.

Related to the topic of crime and blame, I put 99% of situations in the category of personal decision and expect mercy for the remaining 1%.

Global work conditions and slavery is a different topic.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post
I favor capitalism over slavery.

Related to the topic of crime and blame, I put 99% of situations in the category of personal decision and expect mercy for the remaining 1%.

Global work conditions and slavery is a different topic.
Absolutly not, some kinds of capitalism business models are made from slavery.

It is always a choice but statistically, high crimes are generated mostly by low incomes and unemployed, that's why it is important to stop the business model of low cost generating unemployment.

Thefts, burglaries most linked to low income
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/new...aries-isn.html

Last edited by Franc Tireur; 09-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Poverty and Crime

Quote:
A study by McClatchy Newspapers, released in March finds that the ranks of the severely impoverished are rapidly escalating. The study found that the percentage of poor Americans who are living in extreme poverty has reached a 32-year high. Today nearly 16 million Americans live in “deep or severe poverty.” This is defined as individuals living at half of the federal poverty line. This drastic rise in the level of poverty extends beyond the traditional ghetto and reaches to suburban and rural communities.

The relationship between poverty and crime has been a controversial subject over the years. Many scholars argue that poverty does not have a causal relationship to crime because there are countries in which poverty is very high but the crime rate is relatively low. I would say that in this country it would be hard to argue that there is not a relationship between crime and poverty. Poor people make up the overwhelming majority of those behind bars as 53% of those in prison earned less than $10,000 per year before incarceration.

Sociologist and criminal justice scholars have found a direct correlation between poverty and crime. One economic theory of crime assumes that people weigh the consequences of committing crime. They resort to crime only if the cost or consequences are outweighed by the potential benefits to be gained. The logical conclusion to this theory is that people living in poverty are far more likely to commit property crimes such as burglary, larceny, or theft.

Read the entire article at: http://capaassociation.org/newslette...vertyCrime.htm

Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
Define "over wealthy".
I could say Romney, and that sums it up in a nut shell, but there are plenty who haven't opened their eyes to see him for what he is yet.

So, the Over Wealthy are Wealthy Criminals, those who use their wealth to change laws to make what is immoral, legal, so that they can profit from it.

True wealth is grown from the Entrepreneur that NE described.

And in a society where Criminals rule, those at the bottom have no choice but to commit crimes just to survive. That is called a Tyranny, where America, the Euro Union and the One World Government are rapidly heading.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I could say Romney, and that sums it up in a nut shell, but there are plenty who haven't opened their eyes to see him for what he is yet.

So, the Over Wealthy are Wealthy Criminals, those who use their wealth to change laws to make what is immoral, legal, so that they can profit from it.
Seriously??

So... Bill Gate's philanthropy is negligible in your mind's view? And because he built microsoft and he is ultra wealthy, he has to be evil.

What laws have Romney changed to enhance his personal pocket-book? Please provide a list.

These kinds of mass generalizations are unpalatable.

Let's throw in a few more ill-conceived generalizations that we all have to put up with....

Women can't learn math.
People who are overweight are jolly.
People in the city are smarter than people who live in the country.
All Texans carry fire-arms... wait... that may be true in some places.
Everyone in prison is actually a victim and it's an evil government's fault.

Last edited by txshellie; 09-28-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Old 09-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Seriously??

So... Bill Gate's philanthropy is negligible in your mind's view? And because he built microsoft and he is ultra wealthy, he has to be evil.
Bill Gates, Monsanto, and eugenics: How one of the world's wealthiest men is actively promoting a corporate takeover of global agriculture

http://www.naturalnews.com/035105_Bi..._eugenics.html

You can perhaps find some other sources, but you have to admit that Bill Gates is a globalist, with a specific agenda and he uses his fondation for this purpose.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Bill Gates, Monsanto, and eugenics: How one of the world's wealthiest men is actively promoting a corporate takeover of global agriculture

http://www.naturalnews.com/035105_Bi..._eugenics.html

You can perhaps find some other sources, but you have to admit that Bill Gates is a globalist, with a specific agenda and he uses his fondation for this purpose.
So, are you actively campaigning for the dissolution of organizations like Planned Parenthood based on their ties to Eugenics?

Some people believe that Monsanto is engineering corn to cause infertility.

I wonder why there aren't studies to see if higher levels of infertility, autism, allergies, etc are related to our food supply and the genetic manipulation of wheat and corn.

I think that the answer is bad science. Science driven by politics.

At the core, though, it's not Bill Gates' money that is the problem, it's his ideas related to population control, eugenics and crop manipulation.

These issues are unrelated to his wealth - I know plenty of people with little disposable income who would agree with him.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
So, are you actively campaigning for the dissolution of organizations like Planned Parenthood based on their ties to Eugenics?
I think there is a difference between consent Planned Parenthood and Planned Parenthood manipulations though GM and vaccines without consent.

Quote:
At the core, though, it's not Bill Gates' money that is the problem, it's his ideas related to population control, eugenics and crop manipulation.

These issues are unrelated to his wealth - I know plenty of people with little disposable income who would agree with him.
Actually it is, he uses his money to influence, to promote, to support other corporations that implement his ideas.

The question to ask is: Why supporting GM corporations that provides copyrighted seeds, harmful chemical and population control when you can just educate, promote, pay for equipments and medicines, and help people growing their own foods and help them to take care of themselves.

The whole thing is about money, and control that makes vulnerable people dependent around the world forced to accept the unacceptable.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
The whole thing is about money, and control that makes vulnerable people dependent around the world forced to accept the unacceptable.
That's what people who support smaller government have been saying for years.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Seriously??

What laws have Romney changed to enhance his personal pocket-book? Please provide a list.

These kinds of mass generalizations are unpalatable.

Let's throw in a few more ill-conceived generalizations that we all have to put up with....

Women can't learn math.
People who are overweight are jolly.
People in the city are smarter than people who live in the country.
All Texans carry fire-arms... wait... that may be true in some places.
Everyone in prison is actually a victim and it's an evil government's fault.
Yes Bill Gates is a criminal, and you couldn't have picked a worse bone. The very core of his security prototypical is my program. I did not write it for him, he did not ask me to use it, he did not pay me for it, he STOLE it, just as he has stolen from so many of us old programmers. I can't stand that thief. Pathetic piece of trash.

On Romney, obviously then you are to young to remember his S&L games. As for a list, I have better things to do with my life then sit here and try to document all of those, but hey there is Google. What might be harder though, how about naming me one dollar that he has made morally and honorably. Other then that which he received from his dad, who was truly a good man.

As for generalizations, how are specifics general?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

PS. Thanks NE, here I thought old Billy Boy was feeling guilt for all of his wrongs, and giving all that money away to make amends. Thanks for destroying my fantasy... I should have blippin knew better.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
That's what people who support smaller government have been saying for years.
I don't know how the government comes into this, what I was trying to say is that third countries under starvation shouldn't accept frankenstein foods sterilizing and vaccinating a population without consent.

The best solution is helping the third countries local organic farmers to grow their own foods and educate them about Planned Parenthood.

Quote:
PS. Thanks NE, here I thought old Billy Boy was feeling guilt for all of his wrongs, and giving all that money away to make amends. Thanks for destroying my fantasy... I should have blippin knew better.
I wouldn't destroy people fantasy

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues