Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Domain Name Forum Discuss or get help with domain name issues. Ask for suggestions, etc.

Share |
Old 09-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

Talking Is Dropped Domain with PR good for SEO

Hello..I want to ask a question. Is dropped and aged domain with PR good for SEO...? I mean If we buy a dropped domain and We build a site with the domain.. Will the site will get goood rank in SERP..?

btw, I'm sorry if my english is so terrible..
Thanks guys...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

If there's a drastic change in the type of content between when the domain was dropped and after it was picked up, some search engines would need to reindex everything, which means a lot of its previous backlinks and markers would be changed.

In all honesty, it's best to try to contact the original owners and offer to buy the content of the site before the domain was dropped, and then build up on it, if you can.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

also be careful of fake PR. Make sure you validate the pr.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

As far as dropped domains, I heard that pr will be gone when a new owner registers it, but if you pickup an expiring domain that's a different story.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
If there's a drastic change in the type of content between when the domain was dropped and after it was picked up, some search engines would need to reindex everything, which means a lot of its previous backlinks and markers would be changed.

In all honesty, it's best to try to contact the original owners and offer to buy the content of the site before the domain was dropped, and then build up on it, if you can.
It would be better if you keep the design and just update the content because Google is very sensitive to the design and content. It may happen that if you buy pr domain at high price and u lose the current backlinks which may affect your current rankings and also pr.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 AM
Banned

yes old domain names are easy to rank but always check for panelizing history..

Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmathews12 View Post
yes old domain names are easy to rank but always check for panelizing history..
Did you read the opening post? I've quoted it below.

My take on this. If you buy a old high PR domain and create a new website, once Google reindex's the website, all previous blacklinks all over the world will lead to 404 pages and most likely the backlinks not related to websites niche.

Major loss in traffic and major rankings gone so high PR mean's nothing. Also people will check the domain's history and not want to go near it as it was a dropped domain with new website on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herisetiyawan View Post
Hello..I want to ask a question. Is dropped and aged domain with PR good for SEO...? I mean If we buy a dropped domain and We build a site with the domain.. Will the site will get goood rank in SERP..?

Thanks guys...

Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

Actually, droped domains are good to help a site rank. You buy domains and develop them and try to get the old links working (you can use tools like opensite explorer for that).
It can be a good link to your money site, you just have to consider it a part of your strategy and not your only way to get links.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Contributing Member

I recently brought a 8 letters domain that was dropped after being holded for 9 years. 9yrs that very long (I didn't knew it was a dropped domain until I was checking my dns stuffs with domain network tools).While it could have been of no use for owner, it makes good sense for my context and i am absolutely loving it and trying to make a good brand of it.
But google or bing (these are the major search engine that one considers) is treating it as fresh domain and I am having no issues as such. They are neither giving any advantage for it being a old domain.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 PM

Usually old domains have PR as those were parked in Good quality web sites, but after dropping out , these domains will lose PR as they dont have links pointing to it. Old domains with PR & quite good back links are good to buy.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPwebmaster View Post
I recently brought a 8 letters domain that was dropped after being holded for 9 years. 9yrs that very long (I didn't knew it was a dropped domain until I was checking my dns stuffs with domain network tools).While it could have been of no use for owner, it makes good sense for my context and i am absolutely loving it and trying to make a good brand of it.
But google or bing (these are the major search engine that one considers) is treating it as fresh domain and I am having no issues as such. They are neither giving any advantage for it being a old domain.
Being held meaning that no website was on it? Was it a parked domain for that long?

If the domain match's the website content then I am sure eventually you will get good rankings if you do things right. I wish I had a 9 year old domain. lol

Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Banned

never went for a dropped domain it'll not only loose your traffic but also it would harm your seo and even get penalized by search engines like google too.So it's always better to go with a new one or you should buy the entire website instead of buying only domain.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

If you keep the same topic or keywords and make site that is close to original website topic it should do ok. Try looking for way back of original site. I think that is name it might have what site looked like and had on it before it was droped. If backlinks are gone your starting all over again like a new website.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 PM

Nope. Dropped domains are registered registered, and google are smart enough to record it and will empty all link juices prior to ranking your website. So your newly acquired once dropped domain will start fresh new. All old backlinks will be nulled.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

i will never go for dropped domain because i don't trust others SEO and i can be black hat that can affect rankings

Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Dropped domains can be a very good thing for SEO if used correctly. But alot of times when google updates the PR you will notice that your PR is gone.

When I go for a dropped domain, I don't worry so much about the PR. I like to look at things like backlinks, traffic, and if its a good fit for my overall marketing plan.

For example, I picked up a nice dropped domain in the tech niche that has a dmoz listing! That alone is very powerful as dmoz is still considered the holy grail of internet links. So for this example I didn't care that the domain had no PR. This site ranks quite well for some of the keywords I target with it.

So you must do your own experiments, and don't believe everything you read on the interwebz

Old 03-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Thanks guys...
aged domain is really good for SEO.
but dropped domain with PR , but there is no website.
that's mean all URL is destroyed.

so PR in this case is useless.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

I have keep the PR on old expired sites as many of the links were to the main domain. You will have to add your own links and it won't be instant but buying old domains with links already built makes good sense in my opinion

Old 03-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Banned

Hello,

First Find out if the domain has became SPAM. I mean if google considered as it spam domain. If it was dropped for SPAM for violating google guidelines, then do not choose it. For sure, it is not good for SERP. In this case, having PR is also of NO use.

Quote:

Thanks guys...

Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

A little update:
Last time in this same thread I said that I am having no problem with the domain I bought which was dropped after 9yrs. I said search engines are treating them as a normally registered domain. But now it seems that every url created are getting good listing in search engine except the main domain url itself for its niche. Then I tried to dig the reason. Then I found that old owner had pointed the site to a different niche website even though the name of domain has nothing to do with that niche.

The point I am trying to make is: Please try to find the history of the domain name and try to figure out if domain was used for similar niche. Because if domain is getting high PR for some different niche and you will create content for different niche, it probably can create some conflict.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum