Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-14-2016, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

SEO tips for blogger blogs?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know some tips for SEO of my blogger blog. I have good content but still not getting much traffic. Maybe I don't have much backlinks. What can I do to improve seo of my blog?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2016, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Traffic depends on lot of criteria. Some of the things you need to check to improve the traffic goes below.

Promote your site in social media.
Do some guest posting and blog commenting
Have dofollow backlinks from authority sites. This matters a lot.
Be active in social media and forums of your niche and drive some traffic to your site.
Ask an SEO expert to review your blog

Old 04-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
Traffic depends on lot of criteria. Some of the things you need to check to improve the traffic goes below.

Promote your site in social media.
Do some guest posting and blog commenting
Have dofollow backlinks from authority sites. This matters a lot.
Be active in social media and forums of your niche and drive some traffic to your site.
Ask an SEO expert to review your blog
Thanks for your reply.
I see that I'm not doing any of these points. I thing I want to ask is that how to get dofollow backlinks? Any easy way to do this?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member

Hi JohnDB,

You can do several things to optimize your blog for SEO. Unlike WordPress, blogger blog offers limited SEO functionality. However, you can do several things to optimize your content. Here are some of the tips.

1. Use simple templates in place of dynamic. Simple or Awesome Inc templates are SEO optimize and perform far better than Dynamic templates. However, Blogger has done several things in the recent past months to make them SEO friendly.
2. Write a description for each and every post in your blog. Make sure not to copy and post content from your post to create a description. The description must not be more than 160 characters long. (Note: in 2016, blog description is no longer a very useful thing in terms of optimization, however, an attractive description help you attract your target audience resulting in high click through rate)
3. Use keywords in the title tag, H1, and body of the post. However, make sure not to stuff keywords and there is no need to use exact match keywords as google is increasingly focusing on the intent of the users rather than the keywords.
4. Use your blog URL as email signature to build backlinks.
5. Actively participate in webmaster help forums and social media sites. Make sure to create your profile in leading social media site especially Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
6. focus on building quality networks. It is better to have target followers rather than a large number of untargeted followers.
7. Make sure to post comments on high-rank websites in your niche.
8. Link Google plus commenting to your blog as it improves interaction and helps in building a quality network.
9. Use Google Search Console also known as Google Webmaster tools to identify the errors in your blog. The tool provides you insight into your blog performance and is an effective tool to drive organic traffic to your blog.
10.Finally, do not allow spam comments on your blog. A large number of spam comments impacts the performance of your blog negatively in terms of SEO.

Hope you find these tips helpful. If there is anything you want to know, please feel free to ask.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Here are some helpful blog post as well. I don't use blogger so I don't have first hand knowledge to help you.

http://www.trickscity.com/blogger-se...for-beginners/

http://www.problogtricks.com/13/blog...-bloggers.html

http://www.thinkdigi.org/blogspot-se...-for-bloggers/

Old 04-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member

Here are few tips it might help you..

Share your post through social media.
Forum posting and blog commenting
Get backlinks from niche website that has high PR
Do Guest Blogging

NOTE: Content is always going to be key for any blogger who wants to increase their blog traffic. It improves engagement on the site, reduce bounce rates, increase readership and improve keyword reach for their posts.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:54 PM

I think the smartest thing I did was purchase my own domain. Dont invest all your time and energy creating content for another site, invest in yourself and your own domain.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:20 AM
Banned

just share your content in social networking site & do bookmarking particular post. it will rank.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

I would recommend you to do link building which is King for ranking. You need to build links and it will definitely get you traffic.

Following are some ways of link building;
Commenting
Forum Submitting
Profile Links
Web 2.0
Guestbooks
Guest Posting

These are som basic link building strategies. You are suggested to go for long tail keywords ( 3 to 4 words keywords); they get ranked easily.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloggerEmperor View Post
I would recommend you to do link building which is King for ranking. You need to build links and it will definitely get you traffic.

Following are some ways of link building;
Commenting
Forum Submitting
Profile Links
Web 2.0
Guestbooks
Guest Posting

These are som basic link building strategies. You are suggested to go for long tail keywords ( 3 to 4 words keywords); they get ranked easily.
Profile links is useless these days along with forum submitting as most people who post for signature links end up banned eventually. If fact, did you copy this list from elsewhere?

FYI, the thread creator has a bloggers blog so right there out of the gate he has a big SEO plugin as in the domain for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulda View Post
just share your content in social networking site & do bookmarking particular post. it will rank.
Do you have proof that sharing your stuff on social networking sites increase's your rankings?

Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Contributing Member

Add title tags and keywords tags and it will give you results.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

Submit your blog to major search engines like google and bing then build quality backlinks from high authority site you can find high authority sites use any tool to find and also target long tail keywords in your posts then your chances will be high to rank in google.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM

Create connections with other bloggers.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trize View Post
Create connections with other bloggers.
That's a great idea and it will help you connect with a lot more audience but the thread creating needs SEO tips

Old 05-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

You want to achieve a long-term goal of your blog by writing a longer blog pages. You're possibly writing blogs right now 500 words and under. Search engines quietly give preference to blogs and websites who have something called longform content and have a consistent pattern of publishing longform content daily to their sites at least six days a week.. Another words, you can't write 500 words and under in a blog post and publish only 2 to 3 times weekly and expect to get good search engine rankings. If you take time to write two posts a day 1000 words each every day for two years your blog will definitely improve the search engine optimization potential as well as get quality back links from people linking to your content without asking them to.

And you can also look forward to improved and revenue. Also remember content is king on the Internet and the more you write and publish to your site that's deemed unique content of your own words and personality, the more traffic search engines and social networks will reward you with. Hopefully this will help you succeed in your blogging journey to Internet marketing greatness.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:07 AM

I think to get traffic to your blog to share your article on the social network, share with your friends your content writing.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:13 AM

same problem i am having bro.
I think it is the cause of back links

Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM

To get more traffic on your blog you can do this things:-
- Do On page SEO of your blog
- Share your post or blog on various social media platforms
- Publish interview on your blogs
- Making infographics and share them on various site
- Share quality and unique content
- Blog comments on other blog post

Old 06-01-2016, 11:39 PM

Along with offpage SEO techniques like commenting in authority blogs, guest posting, social sharing etc., also consider the below onpage factors:
* Edit & format your permalink structure by removing stopping words like a, the etc.
* Post title in Blogger is followed by home page title. Format it and make interest grabbing with your target keyword in it.
* Maintain the keyword density with long tail & LSI keywords.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Let's not suggest anything else till the thread creator updates us on what's happening right now with his blog. It's been a month and still no word yet.

It's pointless to make the same suggestions at this point. Plus, I'd love to see the URL to see if the blog flat out needs major SEO changes done to it. I don't guess but rather see the URL to make the correct call on what to do.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread