Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-16-2016, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

How much time it takes for your first website to start earning?

Hi guys,

Can you share your experience of how much time it takes for your first website to start earning?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

My experience with the internet is bad, I have started so far 6 website. But it lot of efforts and hard work, I am not able to make money out of it.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

It depends on your niche. In my experience, I can tell you this:
An affiliate website like authority site or niche site takes about 3 months to make money.
A dropshipping site takes about 2 months to make money.
A blog takes about 6 months to make money.
These are first websites on each niche I've tried out, and this's not the standard result to judge these type of websites.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDB View Post
Hi guys,

Can you share your experience of how much time it takes for your first website to start earning?
This shows my years I've dabbed online.

In January 2001, I was able to go live with my forum online as I waited for the custom theme to be completed.

I actually didn't add any revenue methods to the forum till I felt I had a good enough steady traffic to slowly sneak in ways to earn revenue. The first money I earned ever was selling advertising blocks in the side column, I had filler affiliate links in there for other products till someone bought advertising space.

I did earn commission from my affiliate links but I didn't count that as first income.

4 months into the forum I sold 1 block of advertising space, I forget the amount but it was low as I wouldn't charge a lot till later on when traffic doubled but I felt happy I made money with a payment straight to my paypal within a few seconds. That made me stay online for so many years doing things.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
This shows my years I've dabbed online.

In January 2001, I was able to go live with my forum online as I waited for the custom theme to be completed.

I actually didn't add any revenue methods to the forum till I felt I had a good enough steady traffic to slowly sneak in ways to earn revenue. The first money I earned ever was selling advertising blocks in the side column, I had filler affiliate links in there for other products till someone bought advertising space.

I did earn commission from my affiliate links but I didn't count that as first income.

4 months into the forum I sold 1 block of advertising space, I forget the amount but it was low as I wouldn't charge a lot till later on when traffic doubled but I felt happy I made money with a payment straight to my paypal within a few seconds. That made me stay online for so many years doing things.
That's interesting. Forums are the most difficult to promote as far as I know. For a forum based site, one or two years are nothing I think.

Do you still have that forum online?

Old 05-17-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Hi guys,

It depends on your site's niche. If you got keywords with low competition and enough traffic you will see first sales soon.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
That's interesting. Forums are the most difficult to promote as far as I know. For a forum based site, one or two years are nothing I think.

Do you still have that forum online?
I was in good niche that was just starting to rise and I ended up making money off it after selling the forum 2 years later when it had lot of traffic and members replying daily. Then I moved to blogging and that forum niche started to stall out minus a few forums still keep things going.

Also back then, it was so easy to get a website ranked. This was before Google started to make major changes that change the whole SEO game.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I was in good niche that was just starting to rise and I ended up making money off it after selling the forum 2 years later when it had lot of traffic and members replying daily. Then I moved to blogging and that forum niche started to stall out minus a few forums still keep things going.

Also back then, it was so easy to get a website ranked. This was before Google started to make major changes that change the whole SEO game.
Which forum software you used at that time?

Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi guys,

In order to earn money from website it takes time. Firstly, you need to build SEO and user friendly website. Be clear with what's your mission to build your website, and who are your target audience. Than optimize(On-Page) your website in order to make it visible in the search engines. Build quality backlinks to rank in search engine.

All this effort will take some time, there is no exact time frame within which one can a website owner can start making money.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Which forum software you used at that time?
vBulletin as they just started up and it was buggy times as updates happened and I had to contact my designer to ask her if did the new update effect the theme template? lol

Old 05-25-2016, 02:24 AM
Contributing Member

Ta thirsty question. Stop worrying about how long it takes to make money online and create content daily. If you can write one post a day over 1000 words for 6 to 9 months then your site will possibly start earning money daily. Other than that, stop sweating money and start creating content. Understand?

Old 05-26-2016, 07:48 PM

I'm trying to come up with a plan myself. Currently paying around $15/month for hosting. That price will raise as we get more traffic though. I hope I can find a funding strategy other than advertising...

Old 05-26-2016, 10:54 PM

its all depend on your quality and quantity content,try to be unique come up with the strategy dont count on days to make money if you create a quality content you will probably ended up earning money.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

The main thing is content, If your work on content and SEO you will surely earn money within 3 to 4 months.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Our first site managed to get 140,000 page views in our first month without a backlink or a PBN.

Our trick was to use social media well, and push content out CONSTANTLY across the various channels.

Provided you've got adsense set up, get your content infront of people who are likely to consume it. Related interest groups etc... If your content isn't spam, and adds value to people's lives - they'll enjoy it and come back.

Once the traffic is stable, you can add secondary ads from other ad networks such as content.ad, taboola etc to boost revenues even further. One one of my sites, content.ad gives me an extra $150-200 per month, just for filling some of the white space on my page with their ads.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread