Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Is The U.S. Really Gettign Ready To Attack Iran?

If it is true why would such a story be published?

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/n...mo_code=6912-1

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 AM

After the mess in Iraq i doubt it

[link removed]

Last edited by StarLab; 09-03-2008 at 06:54 AM.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

My guess is that if they know about it then so do the Iranians and chances are they would also have something in place as they would be expecting this.

In the UK, we were surprised at how they captured the Brits and then let them go, especially under such tense times.. It was almost like they were goading us to see what we would do.

IMO and though I can't put my finger on it, there is something strange about Iran and the way they act, especially after they saw what happened to Iraq.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
My guess is that if they know about it then so do the Iranians and chances are they would also have something in place as they would be expecting this.

In the UK, we were surprised at how they captured the Brits and then let them go, especially under such tense times.. It was almost like they were goading us to see what we would do.

IMO and though I can't put my finger on it, there is something strange about Iran and the way they act, especially after they saw what happened to Iraq.
I'm in agreement there......I am almost tempted to put my finger on them placing bets on a few different things, 1. That the U.S. and it's allies have to many resources tied to Iraq and Afghanistan to take to much of an immediate stand against minor aggressions. 2. China and Russia are to interested in Iran's oil resources and ability to cause disruption to the U.S. and it's other allies to allow to much to happen to them for a long period without support. 3. After the duration of the War on Terrorism the Western Society doesn't have the stamina as a society or as members of the governments to allow more war under almost any condition.

I could be wrong, they could be just a bunch of loons that are in charge that have little regard for human life and generally just don't care about anything but their immediate ambitions.

Or even worse, they could be knowledged about sleeper cells or people that support their cause all over the world that could cause so much disruption in so many different areas of things.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
2. China and Russia are to interested in Iran's oil resources and ability to cause disruption to the U.S. and it's other allies to allow to much to happen to them for a long period without support.
This is the one that seems to have stuck in my mind since this started.

I don't think that they are loons and actually think that their president (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) is a pretty sharp cookie and it is this along with what you said up there that concerns me a little.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 PM
v7n Mentor

I think your most likely right. I have however always had a major concern in the back of my mind that their ambitions are more the long range plans that have been in place for quite a while. Making the plants and sleeper cells more of a possibility. Kind of like the frog in a pot of water that is slowly warmed to a boil that sits there until it's boiled versus the frog dropped into the pot of boiling water that immediately jumps out.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure if you have seen this but recently the Iranian Presidents right hand man was asked what he thought of an allied western attack on Iran and what he thinks our chances would be if we did attack their country.

He doesn't say very much but his answer sure as hell scared the crap out of me

Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
v7n Mentor

LoL....That's funny........and contagious! :-)

Old 09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

It's likely. I do remember reading months ago that $100's of millions were being ear marked for the Iran issue. Not enough to fund a war, but probably enough for a few air strikes strategically located up the rump of a nuclear warhead factory.

I believe it was Kissinger that once said that everyone's greatest hope is to live in security. And to feel secure? You must feel like nobody outpowers you. The only way to accomplish that is to remain almighty.

This has and will continue to create tensions for all of time in my opinion. I do not think there will ever be world wide peace. There will always be countries seeking security. They may not be insecure now, but if they feel that others outpower them, they have work to do in their minds.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
v7n Mentor

I've been expecting Israel to turn it's previous exercise into an actual action. With silent U.S. and other Ally backing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues