Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-16-2017, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

Simple way to get more traffic from your existing content

Here's a simple approach I've been using to boost traffic, by changing the format of my existing content.

I start with a blog post.. publish then promote the heck out of it..

Once I've exhausted my channels I take the post, and turn it into a PDF.. this can be uploaded to free ebook sites, and can be used as a content upgrade to get more people onto your mailing list.

Then, I take the text and turn it into a script.. I shoot a video and upload it to YouTube.

Next, I strip the audio from the video and save that as a Podcast.

So this way, I've increased potential exposure X4:

Blog post
PDF report
Video
Podcast

What other ways could you reuse your existing content like this?

Last edited by Mick M; 02-16-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

@Mick M, please can you elaborate, how it gone to help us in the search engine ranking. I do a lot of counting with the content.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

You can make a nice infographic out of your content. You can also convert it to a presentation.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_stier View Post
@Mick M, please can you elaborate, how it gone to help us in the search engine ranking. I do a lot of counting with the content.
I haven't bothered with SEO for a number of years.. free organic traffic is nice, and I'll take it, but I don't worry about making Google happy. F*** Google, is my motto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
You can make a nice infographic out of your content. You can also convert it to a presentation.
That's an awesome idea! I hadn't considered that.. thank you Vaguar.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick M View Post
That's an awesome idea! I hadn't considered that.. thank you Vaguar.
Glad to be of assistance!

Old 03-28-2017, 10:48 PM

Hi Mick,

These practice are amazing, I am also using them and they have provide me good result. I just need to share more technique which can be helpful for you and other.

1. Pick an image from your blog post and start sharing it. You will receive a good amount of traffic.

2. Social Bookmarking

3. Re-posting on Social Media

All of these points will help you in your content marketing.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwills View Post
Hi Mick,

These practice are amazing, I am also using them and they have provide me good result. I just need to share more technique which can be helpful for you and other.

1. Pick an image from your blog post and start sharing it. You will receive a good amount of traffic.

2. Social Bookmarking

3. Re-posting on Social Media

All of these points will help you in your content marketing.
I think you have misunderstood the question. The OP wants suggestions on refashioning his existing content into new forms of content.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member

Great suggestions. I have also condensed the content down to a checklist or top tips and offered that as either a content upgrade or standalone, linking back to the original content. I also will break the content into snippets for social media and link back to original.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:26 AM

Tools make infographic

Quote:
Can you suggest some free app that can make infographic please?

Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 AM

Re-publish old content that have done well in past with adding great images, some updates. You can also create a new content with reference to the old one. Promote it via channels like Social, Email, Paid marketing, other content distribution network like outbrain, taboola, LinkedIn Sponsored content updates. It will drive ton of traffic to your site and also subscribers. If you target audience well it will not going to cost you much.

Outreach to the people who are likely to share your content with their audience. It is one of the best method that I have used and it works very well. It will earned you some great links, social shares & traffic.

Infographic is another great tactic to give life to old content.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Here's a simple approach I've been using to boost traffic, by changing the format of my existing content.

Once I've exhausted my channels I take the post, and turn it into a PDF.. this can be uploaded to free ebook sites, and can be used as a content upgrade to get more people onto your mailing list.

Then, I take the text and turn it into a script.. I shoot a video and upload it to YouTube.

Blog post
PDF report
Video
Podcast

If I am not wrong, google can scan the content inside the PDF file. Won't it create duplicate content?

Last edited by imparas; 04-01-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04-04-2017, 12:31 AM

Amazing technique. Have used mediums like Slideshare for distribution and have witnessed really good traffic.

Not so sure about infographics though. Have you personally tried creating one and distributing it to the right channels?

Old 04-04-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
You can also convert it to a presentation.
Amazing technique Vaguar. Have made plenty presentations from existing content and distributed them through Slideshare. Have witnessed really good and genuine traffic.

Quote:
You can make a nice infographic out of your content.
Haven't tried this out yet. Have you made some infographics and distributed them personally? Any tips you can share?

Old 04-05-2017, 05:37 AM

I think one can follow few things to convert the same content in different ways and bring traffic
1) Create a pdf document or presentation and the upload in websites like slideshare and the get more exposure
2) You can create a video about the topic and the increase the visibility of the content
3) Add more useful staffs and update in social media about the new inclusions

Old 04-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Blog post
PDF report
Video
Podcast

Good idea!

I have only done:

Blog post
Infographic (photo blogging)
and
Video - but this is on a different concept. Turning the blog post into a script is a good idea.

I haven't tried any podcast either....

Old 04-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit View Post
Amazing technique Vaguar. Have made plenty presentations from existing content and distributed them through Slideshare. Have witnessed really good and genuine traffic.

Haven't tried this out yet. Have you made some infographics and distributed them personally? Any tips you can share?
I did try my hand at making infographics but I realised that a designer can do it better. Infographics need to be pleasing to the eye, so its best that you hand them off to a designer. Make sure that they present a flow of information rather than just random bits and pieces everywhere. You'll need to make and give such a flow, (along with any information that you need to include in the infographic) to your designer so they can make a good job of it.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I did try my hand at making infographics but I realised that a designer can do it better. Infographics need to be pleasing to the eye, so its best that you hand them off to a designer. Make sure that they present a flow of information rather than just random bits and pieces everywhere. You'll need to make and give such a flow, (along with any information that you need to include in the infographic) to your designer so they can make a good job of it.

Thank you Vaguar!
Will keep this thread alive and will post results when I work with infographics.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:59 AM

There are many ways for driving traffic.
1. one of my favorites is Question and Answers, where you can drive lots of visitors to your website as well you will increase your followers.
2. Another option is Social Media sharing, especially Twitter where you can retweet your content links.
3. Yes, Video is the nice thing for driving traffic as well increasing online engagements.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenMckay View Post
There are many ways for driving traffic.
1. one of my favorites is Question and Answers, where you can drive lots of visitors to your website as well you will increase your followers.
Nice suggestion. I went a step ahead and conducted a quiz through a video. So I created a video where I asked questions and for the right answer I had some CTAs, such as "like" or "sign up" if you think you know the right answer.

Received a lot of positive feedback.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit View Post
Nice suggestion. I went a step ahead and conducted a quiz through a video. So I created a video where I asked questions and for the right answer I had some CTAs, such as "like" or "sign up" if you think you know the right answer.

Received a lot of positive feedback.
Did you try offering an incentive (E.g. First 20 responders win a discount coupon)? It'll give you much better response rates for your Q&A.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread