Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Administrator

The Myth of the Google Update

I am posting this in the general SEO section of the forum as if you read the whole article, this dos not just apply to Google.

This article addresses those who chase and worry about Google updates. While some of the updates are done to address spamming techniques in reality there is a constant update going on as people make changes to their websites and blogs.
Quote:
...Neither Bing nor Google can control what you and I do with the Web. For all intents and purposes I control the Web because I decide what will be published and I decide what it will look like. I am the most powerful member of the Searchable Web Ecosystem. And yet ironically most search marketers feel powerless before the whims of Bing and Google.

You squander your power in the constant chase for algorithmic secrets. The biggest secret of all has been hidden in plain sight all these years: search systems are nothing without your Web content. When you change the Web content, even in a small way, you change the entire search system.

This may seem like an unrealistic exaggeration but I assure you, it’s not. People compare every little change made to the Web to the experience of dropping a pebble in a large pond (or the ocean). But that’s an inaccurate metaphor. When you add, delete, or modify any single Web document in any way you literally change the results of all the computations that incorporate that document into any search index. ...
The Myth of the Google Update

Read the article and then come back and give your thoughts on Michael Martinez's thoughts on chasing Google updates.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

From which sources we can monitor every single change which google makes in its algorithum.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member

You can't.

Google's algorithms are complex, secret, and constantly changing. While a lot of stuff is know via inference and observation, heaps of other techniques are rumoured to make a change, but no one really knows.

Backlinks, search traffic, keywords in the content and content length are pretty well established signals.

Having a Favicon, Domain registration age, matching names on a DNS WHOIS and "contact" form, correct spelling and grammar all MIGHT help.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:10 AM

I've been telling this to ppl I know for a long time. There is even some interview somewhere (can't remember where) where they basically came out and said that on avergae there's like 2 changes a day.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum