Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Administrator

How to Amplify Your Content and Build Links

If you think that sharing on social media helps amplify your content and build you incoming links, think again.
Quote:
Social sharing is not an amplification strategy

Social networks have become important content discovery platforms. Think about the articles you looked at today, how many did you find via a search engine and how many from a social network?

Social shares matter, but social sharing on its own is not an amplification strategy. Too many content marketers seem to think that getting people to share their content is an amplification strategy...
Read the whole article here: Shares Are Not Enough: How to Amplify Your Content and Build Links

What did you learn about amplifying your content from this article?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2017, 03:12 AM
Banned

Just sharing content on various sites through various medium wont work.
Content should be interactive, easy to understand yet simple.
Link building can be amplified by improving online presence as much as possible

Old 03-08-2017, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by logodesignartist View Post
Just sharing content on various sites through various medium wont work.
Content should be interactive, easy to understand yet simple.
Link building can be amplified by improving online presence as much as possible
Feedback on the blog post?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Try to post relevant content on your website rather than posting the content for link building. Link can be build easily by comment and bookmarking.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Well I like to use Social Bookmarks for my posts. I also use Quora and setup topic questions and then add the blogs with links, this creates a larger user base for my content. It's not enough to just link build, but to tie those links into social sharing and then index that new content your creating. It's been quite effective in growing the traffic to some our clients blogs.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_stier View Post
Try to post relevant content on your website rather than posting the content for link building. Link can be build easily by comment and bookmarking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia SEO View Post
Well I like to use Social Bookmarks for my posts. I also use Quora and setup topic questions and then add the blogs with links, this creates a larger user base for my content. It's not enough to just link build, but to tie those links into social sharing and then index that new content your creating. It's been quite effective in growing the traffic to some our clients blogs.
Did you two read the link provided? Wondering because you did not answer the question at the end of the opening post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post

Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 PM

Wink

HTMLBasicTutor

The article was read, but how about conversations and topics exist on the topic and thread and not depend on pushing traffic to our network blogs. It feels like your Click Baiting your forum. And holy Christ that was a long read, maybe not the best for Amplification strategy =)

Old 03-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

I think the article in the link was quite straightforward and maybe obvious for a "common minded" person.

Of course social sharing on it's own is not enough to boost your rankings. If your content is crap, then you share crap on facebook and this process does not make your website better.

Of course social sharing is a ranking factor. It is expected from sophisticated google algorythms to take in consideration the impact of your content to the social media.

And of course having a newsletter list and sending your content is a good strategy, since it brings your content in front of many eyes.

I really asked my self why someone would bother to write an article with so obvious conclusions.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insignia SEO View Post
HTMLBasicTutor

The article was read, but how about conversations and topics exist on the topic and thread and not depend on pushing traffic to our network blogs. It feels like your Click Baiting your forum. And holy Christ that was a long read, maybe not the best for Amplification strategy =)
I share articles that I find that I thought that those who want to read and learn from various sources would like. If you don't like them then skip them.

There are a lot of newbies here that need to weed out the bad info from the good info around and they are not going to be able to do that without taking the time to explore a multitude of sources and come to a decision that is best for their business or blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremon View Post
I really asked my self why someone would bother to write an article with so obvious conclusions.
Maybe because there are so many people that use social media incorrectly and think they are doing things the right way to build links.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
There are a lot of newbies here that need to weed out the bad info from the good info around and they are not going to be able to do that without taking the time to explore a multitude of sources and come to a decision that is best for their business or blog......
I couldn't agree more with this.

It is true that the newbie has to dive in the deep sea of bull**** that the good "seos" are spreading around the net before he finds a truly useful piece information.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I have thought that if my article on Facebook gets a high number of shares, it also gets a high number of links. However, attracts shares does not necessarily gain my links and what I need is links.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum