Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Digital Photography Forum Focuses on digital photography from a web development standpoint, such as tips for better product photography, lighting, optimizing photographs for web use, best digital camera choices, etc. Additionally, we encourage you to show off your personal shots!

Share |
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

HTC One "Ultrapixel" Camera

Have you guys heard of HTC new Ultrapixel camera in their new phone? The HTC One has a 4 "ultrapixel" camera and they claim to get SO much light that performance in dark environments will outperform all other phones.

You guys can Google sample photos but compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5, the HTC camera's low light performance is AMAZING!

What do you guys think?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Contributing Member

Hey My Friend,

I had also heard the same but If I share my personal experience then I don't believe this model of HTC can be that much success.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM

Good comparisons... not THAT big of a deal IMO: http://www.androidcentral.com/megapi...amera-shootout

Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

The lower megapixel count just doesn't give enough detail if you are viewing the photos on a computer screen. The low light performance I think is just average. I've seen the iPhone 5 do better.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

SGS4 for the win but it does indeed outperform the previous SGS's

Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raicabogdan View Post
SGS4 for the win but it does indeed outperform the previous SGS's
I did have the Galaxy S4 on Verizon from May until July. I thought the camera was great for outdoor shots but indoors it was so grainy. Low light performance was not great at all.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 PM

Disagree with those who are talking wrong about HTC one without using it, and making their predictions wrong over. By the way I am in love wit my HTC one. It is really a bundle of entertainment. Is camera is superb, in-fact much better than anyone's expectations. I am a student of law and always prefer those companies which may follow all the conditions regarding applied laws of business

Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romania View Post
Disagree with those who are talking wrong about HTC one without using it, and making their predictions wrong over. By the way I am in love wit my HTC one. It is really a bundle of entertainment. Is camera is superb, in-fact much better than anyone's expectations. I am a student of law and always prefer those companies which may follow all the conditions regarding applied laws of business
I did use the HTC One for a week. I found the camera to be very poor in quality actually. Photos were very pixelated when you zoomed into them. And the camera had major issues in low light which is a sign it is not backed by good camera software.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

I know that this is older topic but I must say that this whole "ultrapixel" thing turned out to be one of the worst cameras. Software has serious problems and half of the camera modules are having "purple tint" issues. I have one and I'm going to send it back to be fixed. It's sad because I really like the phone.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member

I also have the HTC One. The resolution is quite good. But like all camera's in mobile phones it suffers from lights getting blown out.

But I must say that using better camera apps (non standard) can improve a lot (Camera Zoom FX).

Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

really if they just get some stability to counter handshake a lot of these cameras would improve

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum