Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

Share |
Old 07-05-2010, 12:35 AM

For a good web-design you use a more a images this occur a more traffic better use a one template is a best and not occur a traffic,because a web-design a important a that use a images this are a good but use a less images that a good for your site.

Good web design you use a template not use a images,images occur more traffic ,better use a template is a best and looks a nice,you also a use images but use a less images this way your site looks a nice.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-05-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Yes also a good website design is more likely to convert traffic into sales. Now can you please look at this website and tell me if a visitor would love to recommend it and does it have the ability to convert traffic into sales?
[removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-05-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 AM

Many of contributer forgot to specify...How can you say the website is well designed or not. Color Combination, Loading time, Different images and Flash makes attractive website. Three parts in responsible to get good traffic,
1. Attractive Design.
2. The way you Promoting you web site.
3. Your Content.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:15 AM

A good website is like a neatly decorated office that gives your visitors a warm welcome.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Banned

yes ,on page optimization has a major role in SEO

Old 07-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Banned

offcourse! it will give attractive looks and capture the visitor attention, it wont increase traffic but a good design can turn a visitor to client

Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Hi, in my opinion good design and functionality is required to keep visitors on your site, but you need a comprehensive seo strategy to get the visitors.

Shaz
[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 07-25-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

To attract visitors, based on my experience as a sites viewer, having only a good web design is not enough. As i always stated in every comment I made for this forum, the most important thing is to concern about the content. Just like in ice cream, a good content is like the taste, while the beautiful web design is only the color of the ice cream..

Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 AM

A good web design will always help with repeat traffic, and can help a bit with first time traffic due to word of mouth advertising, but overall it won't have a massive impact on first time traffic.

At the end of the day, look at Facebook, that has been a horribly designed site from day 1 and I think they are doing ok for traffic

Old 07-27-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWebshop View Post
What do you think guys? I think yes.. It is one of the technique to attract visitors..
I do agree. A good designed and attractive blog or website can attract more traffic than poorly designed ones.
Your designs should be simple yet eye-catching. It should also loading fast whatever your visitor's connection is.

Of course, you need to promote it to let visitors know about your site.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

no one cares what your site looks like. if the content is good and the site is easy to use, then your design could suck.of course, as someone said, no one will know if you don't promote it.

edit - actually, you know who cares? webmasters themselves do. its like putting on your game face and showing off to other webmasters like "hey, check out my cool design, it's so much cooler than yours."

think about your non webmaster friends, have they ever said "wow, this design is so cool? or i hate the way this page looks?"

Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWebshop View Post
What do you think guys? I think yes.. It is one of the technique to attract visitors..
Of course, correct English and a good design are a safe start for a successful website.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member

In my experience. I can say yes! Good design really attracts those who will visit your website and they will surely bookmark it. But it would be really better if you satisfied them by having a good content.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 AM

Visual presentation is half the equation. Information is king!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 AM

I have to agree with an earlier comment. The design is good and all, but you must concentrate on the marketing part of it first. As long as you have a functional site with a decent design, you should be fine as long as you're doing your marketing. What's a good website if no one goes there?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
A good web design would attract visitors but if you do not promote the site no one will see the good web design.

Having a good web design will get the visitor interested in browsing around the site a little longer or purchase whatever they came there forum. I stay away from poorly designed sites because i think the owner plans on not investing money into there site and most likley will not be around for awhile. Usually the good sites are here for the long haul so i'll keep on visiting that site to satisfy my needs.

This just my
I agree that promoting is very important. If you don't promote, no one will see it! But with a great design, if a couple people see it, they will share it to others. and more and more will end up seeing it without doing much promoting. word of mouth goes a long way.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM

Hi!
I agreed with you,good web design would add more traffic to your site but promoting a site is more important factor.Without promoting your site,you cannot divert visitors attraction towards your site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
[removed]

Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 AM

No...a website's appearance doesn't matter in the beginning. First, you must focus on getting visitors, traffic to the site. Without that no matter how great the design, no one will see it. My advice is to focus on SEO, the website's content and when you start getting traffic improve your site's design. Really...I advise you to go ahead and create an attractive website for your expected visitors because they will judge the site on appearance. But if you don't attract viewers, who's going to see your wonderfully designed website?

Old 09-11-2010, 02:49 AM

If you mean the look I don't think it adds traffic by any means. I say that because your SEO, content, social networking and etc are the things that add traffic. I do think good design is important though. I know for me, if the website looks sketchy or thrown together I do not spend much time looking into the content because I already have my first impression and it is not good. I don't condone that though - just being honest. However, if you mean good design as in good framework, I would say "oh yes!".

Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM

Well,web design and web development Good to have other crucial implications beyond aesthetics and ease of use. Build a website attractive and effective for a company is only part of the whole, however, that the site must be optimized for major search engines for customers to find the site.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby