Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Contributing Member

Hosting for Ecommerce Website?

hello Guys,
i plan to create one eCommerce website, i had seen my competitors during competitor research. while checking their site, i got annoyed because of their website loading time. it take a time to load.

because of that, here i post this question. suggestions for eCommerce hosting?

I heard about amazon cloud hosting but would like to know the suggestions and hosting plans about amazon cloud hosting. any other best cloud hosting services are also welcome.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Perhaps you will get better answers if you tell us how big of a store you plan to build.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

it's a small store, plan to sell sculpture. like getting order from online and send the product by postal.

Like small sculptures and statue for home decorations and kind all. so just a simple site and we will use small value of products on that.

What i looking for is, Better Speed and Performance

Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Generally the poor load time for ecommerce software is caused by poor background programming and not necessarily by the web hosting. e.g. I find sites that use asp.net to be terribly slow for some reason.

Stuff linked to 3rd party sites can slow down load time also especially if the 3rd party site is having problems or out of service all together.

Have you considered just using a HTML site? The typical parts of the site can be done with includes. If you want to update then you just have to know a little HTML or copy the setup done by a professional for you when the site is first built.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

thanks but am plan to create a store using CMS. Magento have a lots of inbuilt eCommerce functions, so am going to create with magento

Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Magento is a resource hog. You better get good hosting if you want to use it.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

yup tats why, i posted the question here.
what mean by resource hog
Bro Any suggestion for hosting (shared, vps, cloud on this)

Old 01-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by advent_geek View Post
what mean by resource hog
It uses too many server resources. Did you read any of the articles in the link I provided?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:16 PM

doesn't go daddy have some hosting options for this? I assume it is expensive though.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

@HTMLBasicTutor i read some links and forum discussions on the link you have provided above.

our V7n Member explains about VPS and dedicated servers,on here below url
http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-hostin...ing-101-a.html

but i need to know about cloud hosting.

Quote:
doesn't go daddy have some hosting options for this? I assume it is expensive though.
i wasn't happy with go daddy, anymore suggestions welcome.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
@HTMLBasicTutor i read some links and forum discussions on the link you have provided above.

our V7n Member explains about VPS and dedicated servers,on here below url
http://www.v7n.com/forums/web-hostin...ing-101-a.html

but i need to know about cloud hosting.

i wasn't happy with go daddy, anymore suggestions welcome.
The real infrastructure behind cloud varies from one service provider to another. Sometime it could basically a traditional VPS or a true scalable cloud setup. If you have a good budget for high configuration VPS or Dedicated server then go for it instead of cloud, because a real scalable cloud service perhaps cost you a bit more.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

I think like a couple of other people said, that you'll need to provide more specifics to get detailed responses for load time and data usage. In general I think that when you have a data intensive site that it's better to work with a smaller company that is dedicated to customer service. My experience with some of the larger companies is that they have more of a one size fits all mentality and any deviation can cause some headaches. My personal recommendation would be GalaxyVisions - I've used them before and thought they were awesome. Give them a call and see if they can put together a solution that will work best for you.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:18 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Magento is a resource hog. You better get good hosting if you want to use it.
It is, but there are a lot of things you can do to optimize it.

I think you'll find that amazon is a bit pricey for your needs initially.

I think finding a host that uses and is familiar with something like Magento is probably the best way to go to get started. You'd be surprised how many high profile sites are using Magento.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

already i had explained on below thread just read this

Quote:
it's a small store, plan to sell sculpture. like getting order from online and send the product by postal.

Like small sculptures and statue for home decorations and kind all. so just a simple site and we will use small value of products on that.

What i looking for is, Better Speed and Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixdelmante View Post
I think like a couple of other people said, that you'll need to provide more specifics to get detailed responses for load time and data usage. In general I think that when you have a data intensive site that it's better to work with a smaller company that is dedicated to customer service. My experience with some of the larger companies is that they have more of a one size fits all mentality and any deviation can cause some headaches. My personal recommendation would be GalaxyVisions - I've used them before and thought they were awesome. Give them a call and see if they can put together a solution that will work best for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
It is, but there are a lot of things you can do to optimize it.

I think you'll find that amazon is a bit pricey for your needs initially.

I think finding a host that uses and is familiar with something like Magento is probably the best way to go to get started. You'd be surprised how many high profile sites are using Magento.
thanks bro, am also heard about magento optimization, i know how to optimize WordPress but am bit new to magento. can you give me some suggestions regarding magento optimization, even blog post link may useful

Old 01-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Banned

You may find the following blog post useful for your Magento store optimization. Though, the blog post is a bit old, but it will help you someway. Also, read the comments on that post. You will find some additional tips. Hopefully helpful!

Old 01-08-2015, 09:21 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
already i had explained on below thread just read this

thanks bro, am also heard about magento optimization, i know how to optimize WordPress but am bit new to magento. can you give me some suggestions regarding magento optimization, even blog post link may useful

There is some good information here: http://gtmetrix.com/magento-optimization-guide.html

But the right web host should be able to provide a lot of the optimization for you.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:46 AM
Banned

with small business e-commerce, I would suggest you to use Opencart + VPS hosting (10$-15$/month). That's easy to use and control.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynds View Post
with small business e-commerce, I would suggest you to use Opencart + VPS hosting (10$-15$/month). That's easy to use and control.
Agree with that, otherwise there are hosting companies that have specialized in hosting magento. Should be easy to google.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

If you use Magento you will definitely need a VPS with plenty of resources, of even a dedicated server, it all depends on the traffic you estimate you're going to receive.

We currently use servers with at least 1GB RAM for any Magento stores which we host. If you're planning on using cPanel, or something similar alongside it then you're definitely going to need more resources.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

Most VPS have 1 GB Ram and at least 50GB harddrive, it's almost min. requirements for a VPS.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Closed Thread