Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Contextual Networks Focuses on discussions concerning contextual ad network programs.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

Can I get some help with CPM Network?

Yes, I know there are probably 100 threads already with this topic and I've applied to many of them with no success.
So I'm bringing it up again.
Can anyone recommend a decent CPM Network with low requirements? Like I said- I've tried several networks that have been suggested here and on other forums. I get turned down every time.
My numbers aren't great, but I think they're doable.
One site, a NFL fansite averaged almost 4000 visits a moth during football season with just over 4 pageviews a visit.

The other site, a PC Medieval Game fansite had over 3600 visits in the last month with over 50,000 pageviews.

Now, I am with a CPM Network now. I'll withhold the name, but I'm very unsatisfied with them. Been with them about 6 months and, according to their stats, I haven't made diddly-do with them. Half the time their ads don't even show up and they haven't been answering my emails. I seriously doubt I'll even get paid should I ever reach the minimum payout. I just recently found out I don't make anything from clicks. What's up with that?
(Just a side-note. Before I started placing their ads, I kid you not, my average impressions was over 20/visitor. The day I started placing their ads, the average went to HALF that. Could the ads have anything to do with that?)
So, with those numbers, could someone suggest a CPM network? Preferably that has Paypal has a payment option. I got on with the one I'm with, so there's got to be someone out there that will have me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

If you're having such trouble with the network, I don;t see any reason not to name and shame them, but maybe that's just me.

As you know, it is difficult to find a good CPM network with such low entry requirements but you might find luck with a network like CPX Interactive or Bannerconnect. I imagine you've tried submitting to most of these already - but if not - here a list of the best CPM ad networks available to small/medium publishers.

I know they offer mostly PPC with some CPM mixed in - but is there a reason you don;t like AdSense? They have some of the lowest entry requirements as regards to traffic volume.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 AM

Well, I have answered this kind question several times. I am still willing to recommend cj and reachjunction to you.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlymu View Post
Well, I have answered this kind question several times. I am still willing to recommend cj and reachjunction to you.
Who is "cj"?
Well it's been awhile since I started this thread, I've actually learned a few things. I have actually tried out 3 different networks and there is a lot more to it than 1000 people look at your site and you make a dollar.
It depends a lot on where the traffic comes from. Traffic from Mongolia doesn't pay as well as traffic from the US.
And then there is Fill Rate -- the number of times an ad is displayed compared to how many times someone views a page. apparently, ads are not displayed every time a page is viewed.
Of the 3 networks I'm using, 2 have a terrible fill rate. Sometimes as low as 5% (A 100% rate is what you want). I'm not sure if it's my fault or their's.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

CJ is commission Junction.

http://www.cj.com/

http://www.cj.com/about-us

Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

Ok I'm familiar with them. I actually tried them out a few years back.
Are they into the CPM thing? I thought they just did affiliate marketing.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I stopped using them 2 years ago and haven't been back since. I was inactive for 6 months at one time without logging into my CJ account to grab a new offer to promote and my account got deactivated. Eh, I am still a big affiliate marketer but stick with clickbank and custom affiliate programs.

I get a certain percentage of the sales price depending on the product...etc (Of course I still need to convert and get a sale to get money. )

Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, they really didn't do much for me. I guess the bottom line is without a tons of traffic affiliate marketing will never be a big money maker for you.

Back to CPM....................
I'm using 2 networks right now with my Total War Mod site. (one is serves back-up ads).
For the last month my stats are:

Code:
3459 visitors (1689 unique) 51,143 page views 14.79 pages /visit 33% Bounce rate 46% is US traffic
My fill rate for the first network is 11% for a 300x250 ad and 7% for a 728x90 ad. My eCPM is about .40.
Fill rate for #2 (the back-up server) is 21% with a US eCPM of .21 and international eCPM of .10
All I want to know is if this is what I should expect given the numbers I have.
If not, can I do something to improve revenue on my end?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Closed Thread