Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Wake Up SEOs, the New Google is Here

Take a look at the blog post before you comment.

Quote:
I must admit that lately Google is the cause of my headaches.

No, not just because it decided I was not going to be not provided with useful information about my sites. And neither because it is changing practically every tool I got used since my first days as an SEO (Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Gmail…). And, honestly, not only because it released a ravenous Panda.

No, the real question that is causing my headaches is: What the hell does Google want to go with all these changes?

Let me start quoting the definition of SEO Google gives in its Guidelines:
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/wake-up-se...google-is-here

Any thoughts on what is mentioned?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

Google

I didn't read all of that stuff, but I have noticed that Google has changed allot in the past 4 years, Page Ranking has changed although Page Rank doesn't really matter IMO. One good thing, Google put me back in the SERPs for a penalized web site (after a few years). Google has changed, not sure in regards to Social Media because I don't like that stuff. Bottom line, keep track of your SERPs and the competions Serps, and adjust accordingly.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM

I've been focusing on a lot of SMO and it been working out great, very little SEO work and I've been having great results.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

totally agree with that.. you still have to consider the technical part of it and not just your visitors..

Old 12-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Contributing Member

It's definitely worth to read! The site navigation, URL structure etc. which are part of Technical SEO should be really given with high importance. If these are not well-optimized, a site can't go far with Search.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Contributing Member

Technical SEO, sounds like a lingo to me.
Anyways, he mentioned about Content Is King, which is still the very base of why this industry matters. People like good stuff, so if popular stuff are not good, what's the use of putting them on top of searches?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Contributing Member

Google has done all the changes as they see that more and more sites appear and some of the site are doing illegal work and get good serps very easily and I think it is quite normal to make life tougher when only the strongest will surivive.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 AM

I agree with that Google is changed since long time and now it takes into consideration not only SEO activities but also SMO activities. These days its better to focus on SMO.
Good article about the changes in Google.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing this information. It includes nothing new or strange for an SEO to learn and understand from this article... the question is what do you give priority to? and how do you contribute your efforts in different areas of your optimization.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Banned

That is really one wake up call for us SEO's because as Google tend to change everything in their own prospective, we also need to change and really aim to quality to all that we do. Probably the best things that SEO's, even those experts should do is to look back at the basics of SEO. Anyway, I liked the blog posts. It helps a a lot today.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:31 PM

well...indeed there's a big change in Google and how they list web pages, but you should always keep in mind that Google's idea is to provide the best results for it's users. Therefore they are working on "humanizing" the web crawlers and that can be done using the social networks...so for best results try working with great content and great social activity

Old 12-16-2011, 05:15 AM

After going through the Blog Post I can say that Google in it's new forms is trying to become SEO Friendly with time passing by. This step encourages Electronic Commerce and Online Marketing on the Internet.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:39 AM

I think G is trying to make it more difficult to rank pages through SEO. They don't want crap sites that have a bunch of spam links pushing up the SERPS.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Contributing Member

Attention-grabbing depth. Understanding informed the facts!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Banned

This was really fantastic and readable blog for me but one thing I did not understand why the title is “Wake Up SEOs, the New Google is Here” we know Google loves content a social graph and link graph matter so where is new Google. But there is no doubt that was really helpful blog from SEO Moz member. The way he explained the content its really awesome. Thanks for sharing this link

Old 12-20-2011, 07:12 AM

I think google will make small timers (SEO pros) disappear from the industry. Only big timers can stay it seems. According to google..they want to make the search results clean and perfect for their users but the sufferers are small timers I think. But if you are upto date about the seo tactics...you will stay active.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

The article reinforces Google 's strategy to emulate human behavior in order to provide the best search results and therefore, usefulness of the site is the most critical aspect of SEO .

Old 12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

As per my understanding now using targeted anchor tag in our backs are not very worthy we can use our brand name or theme of the web page for published URL.

I reviewed the back links some of the website for high competitive keywords and found they are ranking well but very surprised the see they did not used their anchor tag for back links. I think i will reduce SEO links building tactic which helped to get rank for low quality website previously.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum