Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 AM
v7n Mentor

Cool Sci-fi duel: Star Trek vs. Star Wars

I'm guessing a lot of v7n members are working on some technology related job and have found themselves at one point watching the brave Luke Skywalker fighting the evil Empire or the witty Capt. Picard going where no man has gone before. The both series yielded fantastic success and have millions of fans all over the globe. Naturally, since both shows revolve around the space conquest idea, a bit of rivalry has occured over time.

Which show do you prefer?
What are your favorite actors or moments of the series?
What do you think of the other one?
Who would win in an intergalactic battle?

Share your thoughts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Contributing Member

I'll make this quck.

StarWars 4 - 6 are great, the rest is just a joke.
Never cared much for star trek, although the old TV series is pretty fun to watch.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Neither. Captain Kirk would fly in, blow them both out of the sky and get the girl. His only loss would be the 2 red shirts at the doors to the bridge.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

I've always enjoyed star wars, but I think I'm going to lean towards star trek on this. Fav characters would be luke, R2D2, C3PO, and the wookie.

In star trek I had only one. . Spock.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 AM

Star trek all the way! But the key question is which of the two shows would win if there was a fight?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

My money would be on Star Trek.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 AM
v7n Mentor

[YT]sghncnGkFAo[/YT]

I agree

Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Starwars no discusion

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

Star wars, the weapons and the story is so cool.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanovich View Post
Starwars no discusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroldjamesbcruz View Post
Star wars, the weapons and the story is so cool.
Care to elaborate what would give the Empire advantage over the Federation? Both have serious firepower and technology, cool leaders...
What makes the Star Wars series your favorite?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Contributing Member

I prefer the original Star Wars (episode 4 to 6). I hope the 3D version they are making of Episode 4 does the film justice

Old 03-05-2012, 02:55 PM

I reckon it would all hinge on how the Borg got involved....would they take sides with the rest of their series, or throw their collective lot in with the empire? Whichever one, that swings it for me - they kick the proverbial!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

Or the Romulans, the klingons, or the vulcans (for the logical outcome )

George Lukas had a brilliant idea making the series backwards because of technology constraints of the time, but, sometimes, looking at the ones that were made recently, they lack a lot of what the first movies had, even though they got hold of slightly better actors. (Except Harrison Ford of course)

If the Borg got involved, I don't think either series would stand a chance.

[YT]AyenRCJ_4Ww[/YT]

Old 03-06-2012, 05:06 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post

If the Borg got involved, I don't think either series would stand a chance.

[YT]AyenRCJ_4Ww[/YT]
Could you see Chewie as a borg???

Loved the original Star Wars for its storyline. 'Course I was a kid then, LOL. The newer ones .... eh. I watched them for the sake of watching them, but they were a disappointment. Except the long floppy-eared guy, he makes me laugh. Jar Jar Binks. I always wanted a pet Ewok. And I think C3PO was my favorite character, closely followed by Chewie, Han Solo, and Yoda. Yoda was definitely cool.

I also loved the original Star Trek when I was a kid. Much as I loved it, I guess I don't really like watching the reruns now. Maybe they are too familiar. But Spock was my favorite. And I wonder if you can eat tribbles? That could solve world hunger issues, LOL. (Even if they reproduce by eating ... so if you CAN'T eat them, they would cause world hunger, LOL).

TNG was and is a favorite of mine. Capt. Picard is just too cool. He always knows what to do and say. And I enjoy watching Data progress. He and Geordie play off each other well. Ryker's a bit too much of a hothead at times, and I don't really enjoy watching characters who seem to know they are good-looking ... makes them less so in my eyes, LOL. I guess I *did* name my dog after him, sort of ... I've just always liked Rs and Ks in the same name. I was upset when they killed Tasha Yar, even if Worf has provided some great straight-guy comic elements. And I wouldn't mind having Guinan for a BFF.

I've tried to get into the other Star Trek series, but so far they haven't really drawn me in. They are all on Netflix though.

Who would win in a battle? The Federation of course!!! The technology is just FAR too advanced. At least it seems to be. What ARE photon torpedoes, really, anyway?

Make it so, Number one!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

Where's Deepsand when you need him....(c'mon Ford) Yoda was awesome. 'specially when he whooped Luke. I guess the only real episode after the series back in the day that really had my attention was how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. Always wanted to know why a Jedi would go bad.

I kinda have the same problem weird Al has, I can't decide between Picard or Kirk either. But I watched as much as I could as a child. I used to spend hours trying to emulate Spock's facial expressions. Was just highly teed off that I didn't have pointed ears. Also, Data is cool, was just sad watching the Borg play with him just to get their hands on the enterprise... I literally cried when the Romulans destroyed Vulcan and Spock lost his mom. (sigh)

Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM
The Controversial Coder

All I can say is both. I am a massive ST and SW fan. Although I enjoyed Enterprise which is different than most people - the stories were gritty and it was more real-life than any of the others.

I would marry Patrick Stewart hands down in some man-crush thing...

Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Ink View Post
Could you see Chewie as a borg???

I also loved the original Star Trek when I was a kid. Much as I loved it, I guess I don't really like watching the reruns now. Maybe they are too familiar. But Spock was my favorite. And I wonder if you can eat tribbles? That could solve world hunger issues, LOL. (Even if they reproduce by eating ... so if you CAN'T eat them, they would cause world hunger, LOL).

Make it so, Number one!
I would like to hear Chewie trying to explain "We are the borg, and you'll be added to the collective". Now that would be some prime time stand up comedy.

A piece of trivia, Jar Jar Binks role was diminished because of the negative fan reactions. He was described quite stupid, very excitable and loud with an annoying accent by the majority of SW fans.

Great picture, I guessing a photon torpedo would be just the beginning of their supremacy. In Voyager Federation gets ablative armor and quantum torpedos. Picard's sense of humor would be the other vital half.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post
I would like to hear Chewie trying to explain "We are the borg, and you'll be added to the collective". Now that would be some prime time stand up comedy.

A piece of trivia, Jar Jar Binks role was diminished because of the negative fan reactions. He was described quite stupid, very excitable and loud with an annoying accent by the majority of SW fans.

Great picture, I guessing a photon torpedo would be just the beginning of their supremacy. In Voyager Federation gets ablative armor and quantum torpedos. Picard's sense of humor would be the other vital half.
How is it possible that you are so in tune with all this stuff?

Is this your hobby?

You seem like the guy next door and you are half a world away?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
You seem like the guy next door and you are half a world away?
I'm also a big fan of both shows. Star Trek TNG was one of my favorite shows during childhood years and I watched pretty much all the spin offs that followed later on. Yes, they show reruns here as well so I had a chance to brush up. Since the series have become a global phenomena a long time ago, I'm surprised by the question. Could be the globalization process, who knows, or my broad interests

Another trivia, my nickname kju derives from a character in ST who annoyed Picard very much and on numerous occasions. I'll let you guess which.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju385 View Post

Another trivia, my nickname kju derives from a character in ST who annoyed Picard very much and on numerous occasions. I'll let you guess which.
It's not some phonetic derivation of "Q" is it? I was thinking of Q in the ST vs. SW question, but decided not to address that idea. The Borg was more fun anyway.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby