Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM
v7n Mentor

Question What Is Your Opinion of this?

http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-2...-bonus-request

I think this is downright disgusting. What do you think should they get the bonuses?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitty View Post
http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-2...-bonus-request

I think this is downright disgusting. What do you think should they get the bonuses?

Bonuses? No. Of course not. Your company fails, you get a bonus! How absurd is that?

Now, they are talking about keeping certain employees on in order to liquidate the company? Ok, so they have need to retain some employees. Pay them ... at most, maybe as much as they made before. Usually in situations where the company is in trouble, one's pay is cut in the interim, isn't it?

That would make sense. Treat them like everyone else, and in the ways the world works.

The numbers are too big for my brain after midnight. Looks like they received 500 million from the government. They wanted to give around 10 million in bonuses. But the judge said they could give a little over one-third of a million. At least they are not looking to suck up the entire amount given into private bonuses. For the 21 employees mentioned, that would be what, very roughly $18,000 each? It's not really a huge amount compared to 500 million, but still, no, I don't think ANYone deserves a bonus for the company crashing. Just pay them a fair wage to get the company liquidated.

They can hire me. I'll do it for less than that, LOL. In fact, I have quite a network that would probably be very helpful in liquidating the company.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Contributing Member

Watch CNN all the time. Obama bailed out the bankers and wall street while people lost their homes. Some of their bonuses are outrageous. A good political system totally ruined with special interest groups and lobbyists controlling Washington. I know he inherited a mess, but geesh. And no one to run against this guy? I am contemplating sending a Canadian down to run the place! (KIDDING)

Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 AM
v7n Mentor

Anyone would be better than BO. And why not a Canadian? Apparently you don't actually have to be a native-born citizen anymore. Just tell them to claim they can't find their birth certificate, then later they can release a faked one and just happen to report the death of an international terrorist the next day, to draw attention away from it.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
v7n Mentor

Got to get your money before the bottom falls out, right?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
What Is Your Opinion of this?
Well, everyone says the economy has gone to hell, but at least the wages of sin seem to have improved appreciably.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues