Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

I have literally no experience in the monetization of a website. As much as I usually like to provide information here on V7N, this is one of the regrettable times where I'd like to know a lot.

Here's a few questions I'd like to see some people (not just snakeair) wrap their heads around:

1) Would it be an ideal course of action to implement adsense on a brand new website controlled by a brand new webmaster with no previous experience in being a webmaster or monetizing a blog?

2) If not, what would be a good point to maybe think about using adsense ads? Just a broad approximation, I'd like some opinions, not "it depends". Although if you must say "it depends", please give a little more!

3) Would affiliate product promotions be a good idea for a newbie such as myself? I've never done it before, never knew how. Although some of those commission rates look pretty damn juicy. I am aware that one should actually be interested in the product / category the product is in, and that it is preferred that you actually buy and use the product before promoting it.

4) If it is not recommended to tackle affiliate marketing, then when would one do so? Again, general estimations if possible.

5) I'm pretty sure that one should not sell ad space in the beginning (I know I wouldn't buy ad space on a website with no reputation or very little traffic). But maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?

6) Again, I've never done the monetization part of running a website. For someone like me, if you think any of the above is not fit for my situation, are there any alternatives? I'd like to start making a little extra cash ASAP, but I do not want to sacrifice potential positive opinions of visitors to do so. Thoughts?

Remember, these are questions for everyone, not just snakeair!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoproservices View Post
I agree Adsense is not a very good solution for long term earning or consistent earning.. I used it when i was in school lol!! Neways I have my services now that pay for me. Also i use my websites for link selling and banner selling.. no adsense..
Adsense is perfectly fine for long term earnings I don't know why you got that impression. You build trust with google/adsense over time.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 AM
v7n Mentor

I built up trust with Google/Adsense for several years. Then for some reason they cancelled me for know given reason. so much for building trust then cutting your throat.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 AM

Thanks for the link, nice article, but adsense is a way of earning money IMO.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Contributing Member

One man's meat is another man's poison. It goes either way.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM
v7n Mentor

I agree and have real trouble taking this dailyblogtip thing seriously. I mean they say they will never use adsense again right underneath their Adsense? They Adsesne is losing them money but they use it anyway? Why should I listen to anything they say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameerulislam10 View Post
The blog was about the building a list which is still an evergreen technique. It would been better if the blogger didn't have adsense ads on his site. It has become an irony.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

Adsense is best for long term, but sometime webmasters don’t follow the rules guidelines and get ban for lifetime. Sometimes due to any reason which can’t be predicted, even google sometimes ban ad sense accounts. So, you have to be very careful while using the ad sense and make sure don’t spam.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 AM
v7n Mentor

I used to put Adsense on my sites as soon as I got them online. The income might be next to nothing but I liked to see how much the clicks were paying and would concentrate on the sites that made more per click.

Until your site is popular and has some momentum though you don't want to risk giving a newcomer a bad impression so I'd put the Adsense at the bottom of the sidebar or something - it could be seen but wasn't the focus of the site.

That worked alright for me.

Seems like Google's cut keeps getting bigger while mine keeps getting smaller - not even sure I would do it on a low traffic site these days because you risk getting banned before you can get any reward. Plus when you only get 2 clicks a day, it's probably easy for Google to think those clicks are bad if they always come from the same IP or whatever - even if you're not doing anything. If you get thousands of clicks a day it should be harder for Google to mess it up. Not that I know anything about statistics - just a hunch really.

I would try to find advertisers who want link posts (or the equivalent on a non-blog) if you would like some cash now. If you have a niche site and offer permanent links cheap, you can get some people. Link to quality sites this way and make it look natural - visitors and search engines shouldn't mind at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoucus View Post
I have literally no experience in the monetization of a website. As much as I usually like to provide information here on V7N, this is one of the regrettable times where I'd like to know a lot.

Here's a few questions I'd like to see some people (not just snakeair) wrap their heads around:

1) Would it be an ideal course of action to implement adsense on a brand new website controlled by a brand new webmaster with no previous experience in being a webmaster or monetizing a blog?

2) If not, what would be a good point to maybe think about using adsense ads? Just a broad approximation, I'd like some opinions, not "it depends". Although if you must say "it depends", please give a little more!

3) Would affiliate product promotions be a good idea for a newbie such as myself? I've never done it before, never knew how. Although some of those commission rates look pretty damn juicy. I am aware that one should actually be interested in the product / category the product is in, and that it is preferred that you actually buy and use the product before promoting it.

4) If it is not recommended to tackle affiliate marketing, then when would one do so? Again, general estimations if possible.

5) I'm pretty sure that one should not sell ad space in the beginning (I know I wouldn't buy ad space on a website with no reputation or very little traffic). But maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?

6) Again, I've never done the monetization part of running a website. For someone like me, if you think any of the above is not fit for my situation, are there any alternatives? I'd like to start making a little extra cash ASAP, but I do not want to sacrifice potential positive opinions of visitors to do so. Thoughts?

Remember, these are questions for everyone, not just snakeair!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Content locking is the only thing that can match or earn you more than adsense IMO.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 AM

I think it's best adding adense after putting down tons of quality, highly absorbable content that people put a cherry on and eat it later - then you could ad adsense, makes sense doesn't it?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue